Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Batman Lego Movie

• 15-01-2017 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

I'm usually a bit dubious towards the lego films but I caught this trailer attached to Rogue One, and I couldn't help but smile throughout.

There's a chance this could be one of the surprise hits of 2017.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

This is definitely the best hope we have for a good DC movie. Arnett's Batman was a highlight of The Lego Movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭techdiver

Really looking forward to it and for the first movie I bring my 3 year old son to see in the cinema. He's already a big "superhero" fan, though no fault of my own ;););)...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

There's already some low budget lego Batman movies out there before it became such a big thing and they're great. There's a Superman/Batman one that made me realise that was the REAL SuperBat film when it cuts from the Williams Superman theme to the Elfman Batman theme. A shiver went down my spine despite this being a super lightweight joke fest.

I have really high hopes for this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

http://screenrant.com/lego-batman-movie-early-reviews-everything-awesome/

Early reviews are good....as in actual reviews and not randomers tweeting. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Prediction: this is going to be the best quality DC movie since The Dark Knight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I'll be going to see this at some stage next week. I've avoided must of the trailers and reviews so far because with comedies they tend to use a lot of the best jokes in the trailers. I did however see a picture from Kevin Smiths twitter last night of him standing beside a big cardboard cut out of Batman holding the shark repellent bat spray so I can't wait to see how that's used :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,567 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Seen this on Saturday with my much younger brother. Bless him he loved it and I thought it was decent as well.
    It's let down by the length and getting over soppy in the end.
    Just nice observations and mist of the humour goes over younger heads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,859 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Will Arnett is great as the voice of Batman

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Saw this last night and enjoyed every last minute of it. So many gags it was hard to keep up sometimes. And while it clearly mocked Batman's 'dark' tones, it did so with a lot of obvious affection and respect for the source material - a far cry from the Synder variants.

Too many easter eggs to count as well: there were the obvious ones like the Bat Shark-Repellent, and the Z-list villains, but how many did people get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Well played!

• Advertisement
Advertisement