Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2FM scrapping breakfast??

• 15-01-2017 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Jennifer posted on Instagram 'First week of radio done for 2017. Wahoo!!!! (could be our last) #rte2fm'

If this is the case it's 8th show to get canned V's Ian Dempsey

I'm trying to think of the full list ...

Gareth O Callaghan
    Ryan Tubs (who actually did really well)
    Shane O Donohue (for a while)
    Rick and Ruth
    Marty Wheelchair
    Colm and Jim
    Hector
    Breakfast Republic

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Damien mcCaul was there somewhere too, after Tubs I think.

2FM has been a disaster for years. I'd say they were at the peak of their powers around the time Dempsey defected - 1998. They had a host of household names in their daily schedule then - Dempsey - Ryan - Gogan - Fenton - O'Callaghan - Lang - Fanning. The current lineup are not fit to lick the boots of any of the above. Absolute chancers.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Howard100

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Damien mcCaul was there somewhere too, after Tubs I think.

Oh.. correct !!

Wow... he was ' the next Ian Dempsey'

He did the Den and was on Breakfast at the same time.

Good jock too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭iseegirls

How can you presume that they are scrapping the show after that tweet?

She's trying to be funny, because she thinks she's hilarious. As most people have said regarding the show on here - she's the weak point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭The Parish priest

I wouldn't take a Twitter comment like that seriously but 3 years is the average lifespan of a 2fm breakfast show, only Ronan Collins and Ian Dempsey have done breakfast longer than 3 years in the stations 38 year history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

iseegirls wrote: »
    How can you presume that they are scrapping the show after that tweet?

She's trying to be funny, because she thinks she's hilarious. As most people have said regarding the show on here - she's the weak point.

She is dire, really unfunny

• Advertisement
Advertisement