Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jimmy Snuka has passed away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I feel bad for Tamina and his loved ones.

But I also feel for the family of Nancy Argentino who never got justice over her death.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I feel bad for Tamina and his loved ones.

But I also feel for the family of Nancy Argentino who never got justice over her death.

No one will ever know what happened there unfortunately not unless he told someone.

Yeah I don't have faith we will find out what happened now. For anyone not aware of the case, Dave Meltzer and Jim Cornette discussed it at length last year:

It will be interesting to see how WWE remember him and whether his passing will shine a spotlight on Vince's role in the whole matter.

Yeah I don't have faith we will find out what happened now. For anyone not aware of the case, Dave Meltzer and Jim Cornette discussed it at length last year:

It will be interesting to see how WWE remember him and whether his passing will shine a spotlight on Vince's role in the whole matter.

Do you think Vince knows the truth? If he did kill her how on earth Vince could keep it quiet is beyond me.

KKkitty wrote: »
    Do you think Vince knows the truth? If he did kill her how on earth Vince could keep it quiet is beyond me.

I don't know but I wonder about it too. What I will say is that explanation about her death, slipping and hitting her head on a rock etc., it sounds very hard to believe. You also have to factor in Snuka clearly had anger issues. What's apparent is that it wasn't properly investigated.

• Advertisement

I don't know but I wonder about it too. What I will say is that explanation about her death, slipping and hitting her head on a rock etc., it sounds very hard to believe. You also have to factor in Snuka clearly had anger issues. What's apparent is that it wasn't properly investigated.

If he did in fact tell someone what happened I hope they can come out and say it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Feel sorry for the Argentino family, they never got justice. The details of the investigation are wildly damning (her body being found in their room BEATEN TO DEATH) coupled with the warnings from past abused roadwives. At best it was involuntary manslaughter. Despite losing a wrongful death suit ($500k - which he never paid), he ended life a free man, and A WWE HALL OF FAMER, and that's wrong. Someone passing is never a good affair but there's some mild degree of justice that everywhere I've seen this reported have also noted Nancy Argentino's death. Poor Tamina will have this association to her father as well.

There's a timeline for the case by the Morning Call here

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Feel sorry for the Argentino family, they never got justice. The details of the investigation are wildly damning (her body being found in their room BEATEN TO DEATH) coupled with the warnings from past abused roadwives. At best it was involuntary manslaughter. Despite losing a wrongful death suit ($500k - which he never paid), he ended life a free man, and A WWE HALL OF FAMER, and that's wrong. Someone passing is never a good affair but there's some mild degree of justice that everywhere I've seen this reported have also noted Nancy Argentino's death. Poor Tamina will have this association to her father as well.

There's a timeline for the case by the Morning Call here

And his son who was Deuce too. Whilst Jimmy lived a long enough life Nancy didn't. If he did kill her I suspect someone in either WWE or any other wrestling organisation he worked knows. You couldn't take that secret to the grave without telling one person at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Yeah, for all I complain about generation snowflake and how annoying SJWs can be, there was probably a time where the narrative would have been, "I know there was the Argentino case, but he was a great talent". Now, it's more, "I know he was a great talent, but what about the Argentino case", and that has to be progress.

The more you read about him the more questions you have. We can all assume this and that but unfortunately the only people who can really say what happened that night are dead.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Yeah, for all I complain about generation snowflake and how annoying SJWs can be, there was probably a time where the narrative would have been, "I know there was the Argentino case, but he was a great talent". Now, it's more, "I know he was a great talent, but what about the Argentino case", and that has to be progress.
    Don't go look at the comments on any chris benoit video..

• Registered Users Posts: 40,010 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Like I said in the news thread last night it's a strange one. I can admire snuka for his in ring ability but there are things that happened in his personal life that really kind of make me stop with gushing tribute.

On a personal/professional level for Tamina it's been a **** couple of years and for her and her family you'd have to offer your condolences as they have nothing to do with whatever jimmy did.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Like I said in the news thread last night it's a strange one. I can admire snuka for his in ring ability but there are things that happened in his personal life that really kind of make me stop with gushing tribute.

On a personal/professional level for Tamina it's been a **** couple of years and for her and her family you'd have to offer your condolences as they have nothing to do with whatever jimmy did.

Couldn't agree more. If his legacy wasn't tainted by what happened outside the ring you'd be sharing great memories of him. Just hope that the truth comes out at some stage. Nancy Argentino's family have been going through hell since 1983 while he's been going around free.

Bit of a game changer from The Rock, a glowing eulogy.... a part of me wonders if this may come back and bite him in the ass...

406603.png

Edit - whoever is managing Rock's Facebook page is also deleting any comments beneath that post that relate to Nancy Argentino.

The Rock was somehow related to Jimmy though wasn't he? Could be showing respect to Tamina more so. Deleting comments about Nancy Argentino is not a good move.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,699 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well they gave him a video package on RAW.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

KKkitty wrote:
    The Rock was somehow related to Jimmy though wasn't he? Could be showing respect to Tamina more so. Deleting comments about Nancy Argentino is not a good move.

Don't think they're related by blood, I think it's more that "Uce" tradition that all the Afa's have, family/friends are interchangeable, making everyone related.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Don't think they're related by blood, I think it's more that "Uce" tradition that all the Afa's have, family/friends are interchangeable, making everyone related.

Must make dating difficult

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

On one hand you can say it's sad that tamina lost her father and other family members lost him... Then on the other hand it really does sound like it was a murder.

It don't feel right saying RIP to someone who seems guilty of murder and got away with it. Even getting away with paying 500,000 because he was "broke"

He should have stood trial years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,010 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It's funny that no thread on any wrestling forum has said Jimmy snuka RIP. It's all been Jimmy snuka passed away. I don't know if that makes its different or what but it's strange what no one has said Jimmy snuka RIP.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It's funny that no thread on any wrestling forum has said Jimmy snuka RIP. It's all been Jimmy snuka passed away. I don't know if that makes its different or what but it's strange what no one has said Jimmy snuka RIP.

Mod Note: This thread's subject did say RIP but I changed it to 'passed away' to reflect the less than reverential tone expressed by many including myself.

Very crummy of WWE to completely dig their heels in with the white-washing, with a graphic, highlight package on RAW, and now a WWE Network collection. The court case was only dismissed 2 weeks ago.

ODtKs3f.jpg

So weird how WWE deal with things. Hulkster says the 'N' word in a secretly-taped video in a private residence a decade ago and he gets blacklisted and references removed. Snuka evades his murder trial long enough to be incompetent and gets proper legend treatment.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I could kinda understand the graphic on Raw etc as his daughter works for them (plus The Rock and others connectins) but the Superfly collection at this time especially does not seem right. That said people will forget about it and Vince will be richer

He was found guilty in a civil suit so I'm really surprised WWE are being so brazen about this.

A graphic before Raw, a short video of maybe 30 seconds or so, a message of condolences to Snuka's family, I would have been fine with that. But the gushing tribute video and everything else that followed has been so tasteless.

He was found guilty in a civil suit so I'm really surprised WWE are being so brazen about this.

A graphic before Raw, a short video of maybe 30 seconds or so, a message of condolences to Snuka's family, I would have been fine with that. But the gushing tribute video and everything else that followed has been so tasteless.

It might look like they're hiding something if they didn't go all out for his tribute.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So weird how WWE deal with things. Hulkster says the 'N' word in a secretly-taped video in a private residence a decade ago and he gets blacklisted and references removed. Snuka evades his murder trial long enough to be incompetent and gets proper legend treatment.

Death trumps these things, rightly or wrongly.

If Hulk died tomorrow, WWE would be painting him as the best thing to ever happen to wrestling, a great man, etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

KKkitty wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more. If his legacy wasn't tainted by what happened outside the ring you'd be sharing great memories of him. Just hope that the truth comes out at some stage. Nancy Argentino's family have been going through hell since 1983 while he's been going around free.

You mentioned multiple times 'the truth' coming out and that the only people who'd know are dead.

I find that misleading. Perhaps you are unaware that Snuka gave several stories to different parties that night - the cops, the nurses, his fellow wrestlers - but they almost all involved him being responsible for the injury which killed her:
    He told people they were 'play fighting' and she hit her head. He told others they got into a row and he pushed her and she hit her head. One version of the story involved them in bed and him being too rough. And then finally there was a version where she just fell and hit her head on the side of the road.

Considering he himself told almost everyone that he caused her injuries, that he had beaten her previously, and that the coroner declared it a homicide because her body had signs of mate abuse, there can be no debate. Jimmy Snuka was responsible for the death of Nancy Argentino. A civil court concluded this as well.

So 'the truth' of whether he beat her to death in the hotel room or whether he'd beaten her on the side of the road then taken her back to the hotel room may never emerge. But the fact he killed her? There's no debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Very crummy of WWE to completely dig their heels in with the white-washing, with a graphic, highlight package on RAW, and now a WWE Network collection. The court case was only dismissed 2 weeks ago.

ODtKs3f.jpg

I am sure you knew this and it's just how you worded this, but it's important to note the case was not 'dismissed' as such, it was deemed that Snuka was physically and mentally incapable of standing trial.

Just felt it important to clarify in case people thought he'd been exonerated or something.

• Advertisement
Advertisement