Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV's in Ireland

Options
  • 15-01-2017 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Currently looking for a 4K HDR TV. Every time I look around online, there are terrible differences in price between Ireland and the UK, and then again in the USA they are even cheaper.

Is there any good 4K HDR TV deals to be had in Ireland or will I just have to put up with paying 20% mark ups from the UK shops

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭kevincool

Currently looking for a 4K HDR TV. Every time I look around online, there are terrible differences in price between Ireland and the UK, and then again in the USA they are even cheaper.

Is there any good 4K HDR TV deals to be had in Ireland or will I just have to put up with paying 20% mark ups from the UK shops

Did you buy your tv? if yes from where?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭Xterminator

i got a 4k hdr 49" TV for €409 in argos a week ago. seeing as it costs more than that in sterling on some sites, id class that as a complete bargain.

got the bargain alert here on boards.ie. Its the first board i check each day.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Got a 4K HDR Lg smart tv in Argos for less than it costs in the uk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

i got a 4k hdr 49" TV for €409 in argos a week ago. seeing as it costs more than that in sterling on some sites, id class that as a complete bargain.

got the bargain alert here on boards.ie. Its the first board i check each day.

Coincidentally, Matt Cooper is doing a series on costs in Ireland, one of the items that are cheaper in Ireland compared to U.K. And mainland Europe, is TVs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

I found cheaper on Amazon than here

That was a year ago

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

That was a year ago

No way, there's a surprise.

davo10 wrote: »
    No way, there's a surprise.
    It is ,but while they're cheaper here generally there's usually a few bargains in major brands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

That was a year ago

In the immediate aftermath of Brexit there was a price difference due to sudden 15% currency change.

However as all these items are purchased in dollars by distributors, uk prices rose fairly quickly.

I bought new tv recently, slightly cheaper in DID than Currys uk. - And if something goes wrong with it, I just bring it up the road.

Remember UK won't be in eu soon - what rights to repair will you have?

What TV do you mind saying

Advertisement