Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seting up an arms manufacturing firm in ireland

Options
  • 16-01-2017 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Does anyone if it is even possible to setup an arms firm in Ireland if so how chould I do it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Depends what type you are making: pure-military/dual-use. Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation handles the licencing so that's a good starting point. There's hundreds of companies in the field in Ireland but not generally in the guns and ammo type of sector.

Ireland's biggest ever IT company by market capital was classed as munitions manufacturer - encryption - and had all sorts of export restrictions which were fun to to try to implement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hydro17

tricky D wrote: »
    Depends what type you are making: pure-military/dual-use. Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation handles the licencing so that's a good starting point. There's hundreds of companies in the field in Ireland but not generally in the guns and ammo type of sector.

Ireland's biggest ever IT company by market capital was classed as munitions manufacturer - encryption - and had all sorts of export restrictions which were fun to to try to implement.
    Thank you for the help I was thinking dual use due to how hard it is to get a millitary contract and I was thinking of guns and ammo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

Hydro17 wrote: »
    Thank you for the help I was thinking dual use due to how hard it is to get a millitary contract and I was thinking of guns and ammo

Well this gun boat is made in Cork so it must be possible!

Barracuda-stealth-boat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,902 ✭✭✭gifted

elastico wrote: »
    Well this gun boat is made in Cork so it must be possible!

Barracuda-stealth-boat.jpg

I want one lol lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Hydro17 wrote: »
    Is this for real?
    How much thought have you put into this? Yes it is possible, but before I expand on it, tell me what you know about the proofing process and I will give you a more detailed response.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

Have you been watching War Dogs?

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

gifted wrote: »
    I want one lol lol

It is a prototype to be fair but still very cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,902 ✭✭✭gifted

It is a prototype to be fair but still very cool.

Jesus I'm drooling here....now I definitely want one....cool looking boat

Advertisement