Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options for moving existing pension to a more cost effective scheme

• 16-01-2017 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi folks,
    I have a New Ireland pension with a former employer and it now has about 20k in it.  I haven't contributed anything since 2004 and as I'm living in Australia now I'm  unlikely to contribute any more in the future. I'm under 50 so not able to withdraw it yet. Is there a low cost, high return fund I can move it to in Ireland? Should I instead consider moving it to Australia? Are there other options I am missing?
    Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Merowig

I assume you have an occupational scheme? If so the employer most likely still covers the administration fees for your pension.

Occupational schemes are usually already cheaper than PRSAs - so most likely the cost effective option is to keep it where it is.

In case it is a PRSA - Davy has a PRSA with an AMC of 0.75.

Advertisement