Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Leaf startup tune

• 16-01-2017 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Since we are now thoroughly ensconced with our freshly-bought second-hand Leaf, I was wondering if anyone knew how to hack the software so that the vast plays this at startup.

This musical theme should be the standard identifying feature for all UK imports.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

Link isn't working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Kennypants wrote: »
    Since we are now thoroughly ensconced with our freshly-bought second-hand Leaf, I was wondering if anyone knew how to hack the software so that the vast plays this at startup.

This musical theme should be the standard identifying feature for all UK imports.

No need for the first link bit..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Link in OP fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Kennypants

Thanks for that, I hit the edit button to see how it's done. Shouldn't happen again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

I beleiev the hack has been done in the US on early Leafs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

Since we are now thoroughly ensconced with our freshly-bought second-hand Leaf
    What specifically did you end up buying? Which Leaf model, mileage & sales price? Did you opt to go over and collect it yourself from the UK in the end?

What specifically did you end up buying? Which Leaf model, mileage & sales price? Did you opt to go over and collect it yourself from the UK in the end?

We got a 15 reg 24kWh Tekna up north. I was all ready to go to the UK, but one came up for sale up there, which made picking it up a lot easier.

Happy enough with it so far, but car ownership is a long road. We'll see how we go.

We got a 15 reg 24kWh Tekna up north. I was all ready to go to the UK, but one came up for sale up there, which made picking it up a lot easier.

Happy enough with it so far, but car ownership is a long road. We'll see how we go.
    What was mileage and sales price?

Is this a secret?

Is this a secret?

No, not a "secret", I just don't discuss these things publicly. Old-fashioned, I suppose.

Sorry, I should have replied instead of ignoring you.

• Advertisement

No, not a "secret", I just don't discuss these things publicly. Old-fashioned, I suppose.

Really? I'll think twice the next time you post a query about answering it - to the extent that I did here . message boards are about the exchange of information - it's a 2 way street (or should I say, It *should* be a 2 way street - some people are exceptions to the rule).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Message board or not you don't have to tell people things you're not comfortable with. Mileage meh whatever but price I wouldn't be comfortable with. That's your business not theirs.

s.welstead wrote: »
    Message board or not you don't have to tell people things you're not comfortable with. Mileage meh whatever but price I wouldn't be comfortable with. That's your business not theirs.
    Its an anonymous message board - the guy has less than 20 posts. Yes, he doesn't have to tell me or anyone here. However, as far as I'm concerned, it's against the spirit of sharing of info - the very essence of where message boards get their power.
    I expended a good bit of energy in answering his query - he didn't even have the decency to acknowledge (not even talking about this thread - the other thread).

Why wouldn't he be comfortable with price? Because he overpaid? I wasn't going to make any commentary either way - but that's the only conceivable reason I can come up with.

Thanks for your help. I'm grateful. Really, I am. And not just for you, but also to several other regulars here.

My forum (not just boards) usage tends to happen in little bites, a quick glance once or twice a day, occasionally I might pipe up on a topic or ask a question. Whether or not I reply to something is often a snap decision in the middle of an otherwise busy day.

I'm not sitting at a laptop for extended periods, unless I'm doing assignments. There is not a carefully contrived strategy at work in my forum interactions. I didn't ponder over whether or not my withholding of personal information would offend sensibilities or otherwise harm the felt needs of other members.

I meant no offence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,085 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Its an anonymous message board - the guy has less than 20 posts. Yes, he doesn't have to tell me or anyone here. However, as far as I'm concerned, it's against the spirit of sharing of info - the very essence of where message boards get their power.
    I expended a good bit of energy in answering his query - he didn't even have the decency to acknowledge (not even talking about this thread - the other thread).

Why wouldn't he be comfortable with price? Because he overpaid? I wasn't going to make any commentary either way - but that's the only conceivable reason I can come up with.

Fully agree.

Some folks want all the information but none of the contribution.

Pay it forward I think is the term.

Advertisement