Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jersey Fitting

Options
  • 16-01-2017 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Bought my first jersey at the weekend and am unsure on the fitting. Sleeve length and tail length are good but at the front it just feels uncomfortably short. I might just need to convince myself that it is correct. Saying that, it looks bigger on my than the guy in the photo :D

Got this guy - http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-blok-prism-long-sleeve-thermal-jersey/

Might go for a sneaky spin with the tags on. Any other tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

Whyner wrote: »
    Hey,

Bought my first jersey at the weekend and am unsure on the fitting. Sleeve length and tail length are good but at the front it just feels uncomfortably short. I might just need to convince myself that it is correct. Saying that, it looks bigger on my than the guy in the photo :D

Got this guy - http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-blok-prism-long-sleeve-thermal-jersey/

Might go for a sneaky spin with the tags on. Any other tips?

it should be short. and it should be good and tight.... AERO all the way! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Statler

Bear in mind it's not designed to fit properly off the bike. Sit on the bike and see how it fits. Chances are the front will sit perfectly then. If the tail and sleeves fit then it's probably fine, if you go up a size then the sleeves and tail will be too long. Some of the reviews mention that the fit is small, but I often think when people think cycling clothing is small fitting (thinking Castelli in particular here) that they're losing sight of the fact it's supposed to be a tight fit.

Edit: Short version...What thekooman said!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Dont bother judging it unless you are wearing bib shorts/longs at the same time, they should come up high enough on the front fully cover you if the jersey is long enough.

And at that, even Olympic champions sometimes dont have a lot to spare....

19453798_303.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

OP - your position on the bike should shorten your front and lengthen your back - hence the reason why the jersey is short at the front and long at the back. As TheBlaaMan has said, it won't look right without bibs nor when you're off the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

always remember... the tighter the better! :P
    C2KmVp9WQAU6quM.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

Thanks everyone, I did try it on with the bibbed tights. I'll give it another go tonight before making a decision

• Registered Users Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Bought my clubs new bib short...
    They are soo low at the front , I think I might need to wax !!!! :D :P

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Advertisement