Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4G+

Options
  • 16-01-2017 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how can you check if you are getting 4G+ with Vodafone on your iPhone?

Does the symbol on the top of the phone change?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

Yes. I'm with Vodafone and it changes from 3G to 4G at the top of the screen when I'm in town and back 3G when I'm near home (rural).
    Turn off wifi if you can't see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

MinnieMinx wrote: »
    Yes. I'm with Vodafone and it changes from 3G to 4G at the top of the screen when I'm in town and back 3G when I'm near home (rural).
    Turn off wifi if you can't see it.

They're asking about 4G+ not regular 4G

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

No the iPhone will not display 4G+ only way to notice maybe will be the speed of the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Also depends on your iphone. The 5S and SE don't support 4G+ (LTE). While the 6 on does. I've got speeds of up to 170Mb/s with 4G+. Download the SpeedTest app.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Flaccus wrote: »
    Also depends on your iphone. The 5S and SE don't support 4G+ (LTE). While the 6 on does. I've got speeds of up to 170Mb/s with 4G+. Download the SpeedTest app.

It's from the 6S and up the iPhone 6 doesn't support CAT6 LTE or carrier aggregation which is what "4G+" is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

I've got speeds of up to 170Mb/s with 4G+.

Jesus...

Where did you get that and what network??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    I've got speeds of up to 170Mb/s with 4G+.

Jesus...

Where did you get that and what network??

Vodafone, parts of Limerick and Cork city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I've got 150+ a few times, specifically in the Dunlaoghaire to Sandyford areas. (also Vodafone).

Advertisement