Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a centre pivot stand?

• 16-01-2017 11:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭

Looking for something like this:

0EgrONd.png

Not 100% on what it's called. Centre stand? Pivot stand?

Anyway, I'm having trouble finding an Irish company that sells one. Everywhere just seems to do paddock stands.

Any suggestions? It's for a cruiser.

Something like whats in this vid: https://youtu.be/7wg1jMY1n4U?t=1m8s

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

CJhaughey wrote: »

Thanks. I was looking for an Irish supplier as I assumed shipping would be expensive for such an item. That's actually not a bad price though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

IMG_2913.jpg

there is the abba superbike stand too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

could check out motea.com. They have many (many) stands. Even a knockoff abba superbike stand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,782 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Got this for £99, bargain: https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-cml5-hydraulic-motorcycle-and-atv-lift/

They have a shop in Belfast (Machine Mart), but any Motor Factors here for cars/vans/trucks who sells Clarke can get it for you.

E4FDBB09-A0F8-4FA4-8895-C85154AC44E8-large.jpg

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

To be honest you could make one like that with a block of timber.
    My brother did and uses it on his Valkyrie.
    A bit like this
    http://https://youtu.be/U10ZQbfK6bI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

KonFusion wrote: »
    Thanks. I was looking for an Irish supplier as I assumed shipping would be expensive for such an item. That's actually not a bad price though.

Flat rate of €10 delivery from louis.de

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

blade1 wrote: »
    To be honest you could make one like that with a block of timber.
    My brother did and uses it on his Valkyrie.
    A bit like this
    http://https://youtu.be/U10ZQbfK6bI

But why would you, it's not as safe and won't last as long.

listermint wrote: »
    But why would you, it's not as safe and won't last as long.

My brother has several stands and bikes and he swears by it .
    He is using it over 10 years and find it more solid than his other stands for his Valkyrie.
    His one is a solid block of wood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,782 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Wossack wrote: »
    could check out motea.com. They have many (many) stands. Even a knockoff abba superbike stand

...it won't off fall off the stand, sure.

....around 00:26 is where I reckon it most likely to go pear-shaped....... :P

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement

galwaytt wrote: »

Didn't even look at the video I linked.
    Just looked for vid of a wooden centre stand to give the OP an example.

Just looked there.
    You mean when he glued it together?

galwaytt wrote: »

lol, did that arseways alright. On the abba stands you can tighten them down before you lift them off the sidestand - dunno why he appears to get it upright and then crack out the wrench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,129 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Wossack wrote: »
    lol, did that arseways alright. On the abba stands you can tighten them down before you lift them off the sidestand - dunno why he appears to get it upright and then crack out the wrench
    Perhaps I'm doing it wrong, but I find my Abba stand isn't perfectly secure. When I tighten the big threaded screw, what mostly happens is the arm of the stand bends. I have taken it off the stand only to discover that it was held up on one side only. :eek:

hmm that doesnt sound right

The way I do it (and dont want to sound like Im teaching you to suck eggs, so apologies..)
    L frame under the bike, first pivot peg set. Go around other side of bike
    Attach smaller arm to L arm, and insert the peg. Pushing it snug, tighten the small screw at the bottom.
    Both pivots should be in at this point, and most of the slack taken out.
    If either peg it out, fix before going near the big screw
    The big screw then just cinches everything down, and makes it all solid.
    May feel like its bending the arm, but its just taking all the slack out of the joint between the two arms - serious box section steel, so will break the welds before it bends imo..!

Advertisement