Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New smartphone for middle aged technophobe

Options
  • 16-01-2017 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭

Hi, I am a bit of a technophobe but I need to get a new smartphone. My existing smartphone, a small Samsung, is on it's last legs.
    I am heading to South America for a few weeks in February so I want a phone with good battery life and a good camera (photos mainly).
    I am with Meteor and have a billpay account. I am willing to spend to upgrade to a decent phone. A sturdy one too.

I have heard the Samsung J3s are good. Any other recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Before you buy anything make sure it works in the destination country, check here.

Moto G4 is getting good reviews, you can get a dual sim version on Amazon (dual SIM allows you to use your current SIM and another one in South America). Link here

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Samsung Galaxy S7 Active

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

Samsung and Motorola phones are some of the easiest phones to use

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

jhud wrote: »
    Samsung and Motorola phones are some of the easiest phones to use

Some of the cheaper Samsungs are a horrible experience, the hardware is slow and laggy, not up to the job

Advertisement