Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Run The Jewels- Olympia - March 30th

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

OhHiMark wrote: »
    What's the Radiohead debacle?

Yes indeed - I thought it was the "U2 Seatwave complete and utter scandalous ripoff debacle" that was being discussed in the Dail

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

There are already 20-30 tickets on seatwave for up to 110 quid each, all seated. How is seatwave allowed to exist, it's blatant touting!! Clearly there are people logging in to every popular gig, buying as many tickets as they can and then putting them straight on to the seatwave site. Or even worse, ticketmaster themselves are holding tickets then selling them at inflated prices. And adding on a ridiculous service charge to do so!

Really p***es me off:angry:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Duff

Slept it and didn't get on until 10:25. None left. Managed to get Belfast ones, though so not too bad. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Inkyhead wrote: »
    ..........either RTJ are INCREDIBLY popular in Ireland or... its a total scam again from Seatwave/Ticketmaster a la Radiohead debacle (currently being dicussed in the Dáil btw. Shadowy, snaky, illegal **** (if true)
    Only about 30 tickets on Seatwave, out of about 1900, so not as big a thing as you make out.
    They are obviously just popular

• Registered Users Posts: 12,814 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Inkyhead wrote: »
    I logged in at 10:01 (!)
    All standing gone
    All centre seating gone
    Only tickets left to purchase were upper central (I of course bought one 8-))

..........either RTJ are INCREDIBLY popular in Ireland or... its a total scam again from Seatwave/Ticketmaster a la Radiohead debacle (currently being dicussed in the Dáil btw. Shadowy, snaky, illegal **** (if true)
    8 tickets per person. Theoretically could've sold out in 150 transactions. Nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

What

A

Gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

R T J
    R T J
    R T J

Killer Mike seemed to like those pints of Guinness

What a show- 70 minutes packed with absolute class!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭paulie13

That. Was. Awesome.

Best footage I've found so far here

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭paulie13

paulie13 wrote: »
    That. Was. Awesome.

Best footage I've found so far here

I take it back! This is quite amazing... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShOGM8-sYjY

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Pure tashte

Great gig, it just goes to show the quality of their 3 albums, every song they played was a banger. Cool that the chanting in 'Legend Has It' was recorded at one of their previous gigs in Dublin too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

absolutely savage gig. All the tunes were good but I thought the tracks from RTJ2 were the best (could be my bias though as it's my favourite). The Gaslamp Killer was great too. Perfect for warming up the crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dank_skele

'Cool that the chanting in 'Legend Has It' was recorded at one of their previous gigs in Dublin too!'

Which gig was it, do you know? They've played a few festival slots, but they did play in the Opium Rooms two years ago as a standalone gig. I guess that one would make the most sense for getting a clean recording

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

It was the Opium rooms gig.

Advertisement