Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Third attempt: Warned, but unclear over what

Options
  • 16-01-2017 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭

This is my third attempt to open this dispute thread. One of the forum mods, Mark, says that he cannot see where the other two went. I can't either. I'm not going to post the message or the PM this time, see what happens.

I received a warning for being uncivil in Commuting and Transport. I cannot see where. PM was sent to the mod on 6th January, but there's been no response.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I'll look into this for you.

You received an infraction in Commuting and Transport on 25/12/2016 for being uncivil. Moderator: monument
    You received a warning in Commuting and Transport on 06/01/2017 for being uncivil. Moderator: monument
    You received a ban in Commuting and Transport on 09/01/2017 for breach of forum charter. Moderator: BuffyBot

Which of these are you disputing? If you've already had a PM conversation with the relevant moderator and you couldn't agree, will you please post the conversation here? If not, please discuss with the moderator first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭endagibson

I'd forgotten about that first one and therefore didn't engage the mod via PM. I tried with the second one, but since I've received no response, I don't think I'll send a PM on the first one right now. I also believe that I'm being treated unfairly with the ban, but I'm discussing that one right now with the mod, so I'll leave it for now.

Let's proceed with the middle one. Here's the PM. It's not a conversation as there's no response.
    endagibson wrote:
    monument wrote:
    Dear endagibson,

You have been warned for being uncivil.

Typically, this means that you are posting in a needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner being disruptive on the forum or causing stress for the other members. We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

monument

Your post:
    endagibson wrote: »
    You're rather late to this thread to this thread Roadhawk, were you caught short on tissues?
    What's uncivil about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You got an infraction on 25/12/2016 for your remark about tissues and hand lotion. Not having learnt your lesson, you post something similar less than 2 weeks later and you got a warning for it, even though this time it was aimed directly at another poster

You were lucky imho. Could have easily been a ban for that second offence. Warning upheld.

If you wish to appeal my decision, I can ask an admin to review.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

No attempt to contest ban being upheld in several weeks.

Resolved.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement