Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting messed about by Eir

Options
  • 16-01-2017 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering if you could help me. In November we moved to a new home and called Eir to get Broadband installed. I was told that we would first need to have a land line installed first.  I arranged to take the day off work so I would be there to let the engineer in. 

The Engineer called and surveyed the area and said that further cabling from Eir would be required. (All the other homes in the estate have Broadband but our house is near the end of the estate and the cabling has not quite reached our house - (seemingly its only meters away).

He told me that he would lodge the request to have the cabling extended with Eir ( he worked for KN Networks). The next day I got a text message from Eir to say that My account has been cancelled. I called and was told that someone from EIR would call me back to explain - I never heard back.

A couple of days later I called customer services and they told me that the account was closed in error and put me in contact with Sales to create a new account. I explained all that happened to the guy in Sales and he said that he would arrange a new engineer to come out and do all the necessary work in the one day to ensure that the landline would be installed.

The morning that the engineer was due to call out, I called EIR to confirm his arrival as I did not receive any notification the day before. It turns out that the Sales guy did not record my phone number correctly and it was set up on the system incorrectly. I ask the customer service agent to change it and he said that he would. Later that day the engineer arrived and said " I need to get Eir to extend the cables" and we said that it was all meant to be sorted that day and he said that he was just a contractor ( Kn Network) and could not do so. 

After that I heard nothing further from Eir so I called and spoke with an agent who said that the engineer never sent in any details about what was required, but she would have to close my account as the phone number was incorrect and cannot be changed on the system. I was told to call back after 24 hours to set up a new account (3rd time lucky). So I called back last Wednesday and spoke with another agent and he said that he would look into everything and get back to me within a couple of hours - Its now Wednesday and I am still waiting - is there anything you can do to help me? I am going around in Circles for two months with Eir now and I am no close to having BB. I have all the names of the reps who I dealt with and account numbers, so if you need them let me know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Cheapo wrote: »
    Hi,

I was wondering if you could help me. In November we moved to a new home and called Eir to get Broadband installed. I was told that we would first need to have a land line installed first.  I arranged to take the day off work so I would be there to let the engineer in. 

The Engineer called and surveyed the area and said that further cabling from Eir would be required. (All the other homes in the estate have Broadband but our house is near the end of the estate and the cabling has not quite reached our house - (seemingly its only meters away).

He told me that he would lodge the request to have the cabling extended with Eir ( he worked for KN Networks). The next day I got a text message from Eir to say that My account has been cancelled. I called and was told that someone from EIR would call me back to explain - I never heard back.

A couple of days later I called customer services and they told me that the account was closed in error and put me in contact with Sales to create a new account. I explained all that happened to the guy in Sales and he said that he would arrange a new engineer to come out and do all the necessary work in the one day to ensure that the landline would be installed.

The morning that the engineer was due to call out, I called EIR to confirm his arrival as I did not receive any notification the day before. It turns out that the Sales guy did not record my phone number correctly and it was set up on the system incorrectly. I ask the customer service agent to change it and he said that he would. Later that day the engineer arrived and said " I need to get Eir to extend the cables" and we said that it was all meant to be sorted that day and he said that he was just a contractor ( Kn Network) and could not do so. 

After that I heard nothing further from Eir so I called and spoke with an agent who said that the engineer never sent in any details about what was required, but she would have to close my account as the phone number was incorrect and cannot be changed on the system. I was told to call back after 24 hours to set up a new account (3rd time lucky). So I called back last Wednesday and spoke with another agent and he said that he would look into everything and get back to me within a couple of hours - Its now Wednesday and I am still waiting - is there anything you can do to help me? I am going around in Circles for two months with Eir now and I am no close to having BB. I have all the names of the reps who I dealt with and account numbers, so if you need them let me know.
    Hi  Cheapo,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I'm so sorry to hear of your eir experience to date, sincere apologies. Can you PM me your name & new account number & I will take a look into this for you.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Cheapo

Hi,

Hi  Cheapo,

I'm so sorry to hear of your eir experience to date, sincere apologies. Can you PM me your name & new account number & I will take a look into this for you.

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    Thanks Pamela ...PM sent..

Hi,

Hi  Cheapo,

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    Thanks Cheapo, I've replied.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ainenibharra

Hello Eir,

I have spent quite a long time trying to get 40 euros back that was illegally taken out of my account by Eir.

My order number on request

tel
    on request

I tried to get internet, the engineer came to my house and told me I was a mile and a half from the nearest exchange which is too far...

I rang eir and was told no way would I be charged. Ha ha ha. 40 euros out of my account. I rang again about 6 weeks ago and was told it would be refunded. ha ha ha ha ha.

Please fix this.

Anne Barr

HI OP, I hope you don't mind me using your thread, as its title suits my compiant and no doubt countless other complaints too.

I do wonder why Eir are allowed to continue trading in Ireland given track record.

• Advertisement

Hello Eir,

I have spent quite a long time trying to get 40 euros back that was illegally taken out of my account by Eir.

My order number on request

tel
    on request

I tried to get internet, the engineer came to my house and told me I was a mile and a half from the nearest exchange which is too far...

I rang eir and was told no way would I be charged. Ha ha ha. 40 euros out of my account. I rang again about 6 weeks ago and was told it would be refunded. ha ha ha ha ha.

Please fix this.

Anne Barr
    Hi  Ainenibharra,

I'm so sorry to hear about the delays with your refund. Can you PM me your account number & name & I will take a look into this.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Now to add to the Eir story - they just sent me a bill for 40 euro......after stealing 40 euro from my account.

ye gods..it is a kind of very bad joke.

Nothing against Pamela, Stacey  etc, because a job is a job these days, and they seem to be doing their job well,  but I advise as many people as I can not to go near Eir. 

WHO is Eir anyway?

Now to add to the Eir story - they just sent me a bill for 40 euro......after stealing 40 euro from my account.

ye gods..it is a kind of very bad joke.

Nothing against Pamela, Stacey  etc, because a job is a job these days, and they seem to be doing their job well,  but I advise as many people as I can not to go near Eir. 

WHO is Eir anyway?
    I'll look into this for you  Ainenibharra as soon as you get back to the PM I sent you.

-Pamela 

Hi,

Hello Cheapo and everyone else who has had their time and money stolen by Eir.

Does anyone know who owns Eir, what their connection to the Irish State is, what their contract is, who is the managing director/CEO,
    and anything else we can use to make an uproar about the disgusting behaviour of this entity towards people who try to use their so-called services?

I am beginning to think they work for a pharmaceutical company who sells tranquilizers as dealing with Eir would turn you to drink or drugs. 

Since my first post here on this thread I have been interacting with one of the agents here, a polite person, no doubt doing an unpleasant job.  The latest is that they cannot find my order number so I can't have my 40 euros back that they stole from my bank account without providing any service whatsoever (too far from the exchange was the excuse given).   Like many people on this thread I have wasted so much time.

Does anyone know if there is a way to charge this company for the stress and time used up?  I know people in UK have managed to do that. 

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

Does anyone know who owns Eir, what their connection to the Irish State is, what their contract is, who is the managing director/CEO,
    and anything else we can use to make an uproar about the disgusting behaviour of this entity towards people who try to use their so-called services?

I am beginning to think they work for a pharmaceutical company who sells tranquilizers as dealing with Eir would turn you to drink or drugs. 

Since my first post here on this thread I have been interacting with one of the agents here, a polite person, no doubt doing an unpleasant job.  The latest is that they cannot find my order number so I can't have my 40 euros back that they stole from my bank account without providing any service whatsoever (too far from the exchange was the excuse given).   Like many people on this thread I have wasted so much time.

Does anyone know if there is a way to charge this company for the stress and time used up?  I know people in UK have managed to do that. 

Just for future reference for new customers. Are we better off not signing up for direct debit so these things cant happen?
    Or is DD a must for new customers?

• Advertisement

da_hambo wrote: »

Just for future reference for new customers. Are we better off not signing up for direct debit so these things cant happen?
    I would say that as soon as you are told, as I was, that you cannot be connected, cancel the bank debit.  In fact if you have any doubts, I would say cancel it.  This MIGHT make eir give a better service??..
     I have been informed that the 40 euros removed illegaly from my account will be repaid, I wait.....

da_hambo wrote: »

Hi  da_hambo,

Thanks for getting in touch. Direct debit is compulsory for new customer's.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Hi,

Hi  Cheapo,

Thanks,
    Pamela 

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

I have just received my first Bill and it looks like like my promotion offer (42 Euro per month for six months) was never transferred to the new account that was set up.

Can you arrange to have this put in place please?

Many thanks,

Hi,

Hi  Cheapo,

Thanks,
    Pamela 

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

I have just received my first Bill and it looks like like my promotion offer (42 Euro per month for six months) was never transferred to the new account that was set up.

Many thanks,
    No problem  Cheapo, can you PM me the new account number?

-Pamela 

Hi,

Hi  Cheapo,

Thanks,
    Pamela 

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Many thanks,
    No problem  Cheapo, can you PM me the new account number?

-Pamela 
    thanks Pamela - PM sent...

No problem  Cheapo, I'll be back to you soon.

-Pamela 

Advertisement