Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIB (Benicassim) 2017

Options
  • 16-01-2017 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I said I'd start this to get some discussions going around Beni 2017. Also handy for tips and FAQs about getting to/from Benicassim and what to expect. Hopefully generate some buzz too!

At the moment there's 3 acts announced, Red Hot Chili Peppers & The Weeknd (2 of 4 headliners) and Foals. Bodes well that Foals are not headlining despite being quite a big act and also appealing to the Beni crowd. A lot of rumours for months about Stone Roses joining the billing too. Who would you like to see at Beni 2017?

Personally, there'll be 4 or 5 lads heading over from our group, for the second time having. Flying to Barcelona (Wed-Wed) and getting the train to Beni. Plan is to head straight to Beni on the Wednesday and return to Barcelona on the Monday and spend 2 nights there. 
    Is there many going from Ireland this year?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,619 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Kings of Leon playing another festival in spain the weekend before. quite possibly they will be added to the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Kings of Leon playing another festival in spain the weekend before. quite possibly they will be added to the list.

Kings Of Leon appearance at Mad Cool Festival in Madrid is a Spanish exclusive so definitely won't be added.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Kasabian and liam gallagher announced. along with Ride and blossoms it's shaping up to be a really nice line up

• Registered Users Posts: 4 magkevmic

Hiya, has anyone any info on transport from Barcelona to Beni? Any info appreciated, cheapest & the quickest. thanks a mill

magkevmic wrote: »
    Hiya, has anyone any info on transport from Barcelona to Beni? Any info appreciated, cheapest & the quickest. thanks a mill

Train. it's by far the easist and very comfortable
    Straight from barca to beni

or from barca to castellon ( and then a taxi or shuttle )

More times and options to castellon.

Make sure to book your return train ticket as lots of people didn't do this the times I've been there and are left stranded in the train station as the train is sold out. Trains all have assigned seating so no over crowding

http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html

• Advertisement

Thank you ryaner777, that's great

Thank you ryaner777, that's great

No bother, Are you camping or did you get a hotel ?

I'm enquiring for my daughter actually. They are camping.

Tell them to use the lockers so. It was €50 to rent one for the week the last time I was there but they are a must have!
    They're big lockers so if she's camping in a group they can split the cost between a few of them

Thank you so much, that's a great help. their first time going so I really appreciate this info

• Advertisement

Thank you so much, that's a great help. their first time going so I really appreciate this info

No problem, Any other questions just let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nuhcy

Does anyone know if its possible to buy a tent over in the town of Benicassim? We're trying to avoid bringing one over because of the check in fees.

Yeah, there's a few shops over there selling them but they were expensive as far as I can remember.

Best to pick one up in barcelona or wherever else you're flying into if you've time

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nuhcy

Ah cool thanks for the reply. Any idea what the prices were like for the cheapest bog standard tent? Right now we're looking at about 70 each for the tent and checking it in.

We'll be flying into Alicante so not sure how many outdoor shops there'll be.

No idea, but when you say €70 each I presume thats €140 in total ?

For that I'd buy one over there

Have a look at this forum http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/214399-benicassim-2017/

A lot of very useful info on it and would be a better place to get an answer

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Robotito

Waiting to buy our tents over in Spain didn't work out too well for us when we went a few years back. It added a lot of extra pressure to find a store in Barcelona plus the prices were expensive. Then when we got to the festival camping site it turned out erecting some of the unfamiliar new tents was quite difficult. Another thing to be aware of is that the ground can be quite rocky in the campsite.
    If it was me I'd buy a cheapish type of tent I was familiar with in Dunnes or somewhere and take the hit on check in. I'd dump it after the festival so you're not paying to bring it back. I would then buy a mallet when over in the town of Benicassim.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ivyajay

Hello,

Is there any transport on Sunday early morning from Benicassim to Alicante. I couldn't find any bus or train... can anyone help with information? My flight is at 10 from Alicante....

• Subscribers Posts: 41,619 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

ivyajay wrote: »
    Hello,

Is there any transport on Sunday early morning from Benicassim to Alicante. I couldn't find any bus or train... can anyone help with information? My flight is at 10 from Alicante....

Theres a train going from Valentia which gets to alicante at 9:08.

Advertisement