Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small claims

Options
  • 16-01-2017 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, just wondering if you think that my problem would be suitable for small claims court. I purchased a laptop from dell which arrived about two weeks before Christmas. I noticed a buzzing coming from the machine and made dell customer support aware of this on the 3rd of January. On the 6th of January I was talking to someone in their customer service department on the phone who told me that there was a problem with the motherboard in my make of laptop and that a repair will be available in February. I said that I didn't want a repair on the laptop which I had for less than a month, and a refund process was organised where dell would contact a courier to collect the laptop from my home on a day that suits me. I arranged for it to be collected on the 12th of January, nobody showed up and again today, but yet again nobody showed up. At this stage I don't know what exactly to do in regards to the situation and feel that a small claims court procedure may be my best bet, but would like some advice
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

It's only half 12 why do you think they haven't turned up today? Is there a certain time they were expected?
    Just trying to understand all the details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Too early to be threatening the small claims court. The courier not showing on the 12th could be a one off issue. Plenty of time left today for the courier to turn up.
    Have you tried to call Dell to confirm that the courier will come today?
    You have to give Dell a reasonable chance to resolve the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Talk about a knee-jerk response. Just contact Dell again and reschedule.

They've been in touch with you and are in the middle of resolving your issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RadiantPizza

My point is the courier hasn't contacted me either time, and dells customer service is completely outsourced. Telephone calls with them are useless as if I try to make reference to an earlier call I'm basically told ' there is no proof that happened.' How many times is it acceptable to reschedule a collection date before I take the next step?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

My point is the courier hasn't contacted me either time, and dells customer service is completely outsourced. Telephone calls with them are useless as if I try to make reference to an earlier call I'm basically told ' there is no proof that happened.' How many times is it acceptable to reschedule a collection date before I take the next step?

Well it's a bit early in the day to announce they haven't arrived.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

You have the basis for a customer complaint to Dell. Not a case with the small claims court.

Call Dell back and tell them you want to speak to a manager/supervisor as you have a complaint to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RadiantPizza

Well it's a bit early in the day to announce they haven't arrived.

They never arrived.

Advertisement