Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sterling from PayPal Acc

• 16-01-2017 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭

Have sterling in a PayPal acc that I'm trying to get to Euros in the cheapest possible way. PayPal themselves charge a hefty currency fee to transfer to a EUR bank account.

The plan was to transfer to a GBP bank account and then use CurrencyFair or similar to transfer to my EUR bank acount.

I have a PaywithFire account that I tried to lodge GBP into but despite giving the GBP account bank details, PayPal still seems to see it as a EUR account for some reason.

Is there any other way?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Can you open a GBP account elsewhere? Perhaps, utilise the GBP wire details that come with Revolut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Most providers demand that the sending account is in your name so you are going to have problems with that.

If this is a larger amount you might look into opening a Monese account which gives you a UK sort code / account and than transfer it. There is no charge for the 1st month of usage and they even offer a good rate on € transfers. 

You can't use the Revolut account that JTMan is pointing you to, because they demand that the sending account is in your name, if it's not they will reject the transfer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭JakeBell

Might have to go with Monese.

Any idea why PayPal would view what is supposed to be a GBP PaywithFire account as a euro acc.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

JakeBell wrote: »
    Might have to go with Monese.

Any idea why PayPal would view what is supposed to be a GBP PaywithFire account as a euro acc.?

Do you haven in Irish or a UK PayPal account? If I'm not mistaken you can only add SEPA € accounts to your Irish paypal account and require a UK paypal account to be able to add a UK bank account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭JakeBell

Do you haven in Irish or a UK PayPal account? If I'm not mistaken you can only add SEPA € accounts to your Irish paypal account and require a UK paypal account to be able to add a UK bank account.
    I don't know to be honest. Irish I'm guessing. I might contact PayPal and see what they say.

• Advertisement
Advertisement