Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Import Quote

Options
  • 16-01-2017 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've imported a car from the UK this past weekend, and I'm trying to get a quote online, it's a Ford Focus 1.56 TDCI Zetec S.

Is there any way to get an online quote with it's UK Registration?

I'm in the process of booking the VRT to get Irish Plates, but trying to source insurance while that happens. Is it possible to get an online quote? I'll be able to call at a later time to find out more.

thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 163 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Una

Shlippery wrote: »
    Hi,

I've imported a car from the UK this past weekend, and I'm trying to get a quote online, it's a Ford Focus 1.56 TDCI Zetec S.

Is there any way to get an online quote with it's UK Registration?

I'm in the process of booking the VRT to get Irish Plates, but trying to source insurance while that happens. Is it possible to get an online quote? I'll be able to call at a later time to find out more.

thanks
    Hi Shlippery,
    You can get a quote online without entering the registration number, just click on 'Don't know your registration number?' you can then enter in the make, model, size and year manually.
    You should ensure you have an Irish registration within 30 days of going on cover with us. We are obliged to pass details of vehicles which are not registered in ROI to the Revenue Commissioner within one month of the vehicle being placed on cover. All insurers are required to do this.
    Thanks
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Hi Una,

Thanks for that, I'm in process of getting VRT now, just trying to sort insurance as well!
    Also, a follow up question.

I have my full Irish license since 2009. Was driving  my own car from 2009-2013, then I sold car & emigrated to Canada where I did the Canadian driving test & got a full Canadian license as well.

Returned to Ireland in 2015, and I'm a named driver on a parents car since.

Would I be regarded as a "new" driver again with Liberty? Or is that a matter for a phone call? :)

Thanks again!

• Company Representative Posts: 112 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Lisa K

Hi Shlippery, can I ask that you give our Sales team a call on 1890 944 412 and they will be able to give you a quote and answer all of your queries. Thanks Lisa

Advertisement