Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do we take newborn to office for birth registration?

Options
  • 16-01-2017 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

hello,

do we need to take newborn baby with us for birth registration to Dublin office?

I have twin newborn girls and want to know if one parent go alone for registration?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

rizdub wrote: »
    hello,

do we need to take newborn baby with us for birth registration to Dublin office?

I have twin newborn girls and want to know if one parent go alone for registration?

Thanks.

No need to bring the baby/babies with you, not sure about both parents going? I know when we went the two of us had to sign so I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Cork2015!

If the mother & father are married then either one can go, and as far as i know no need to bring the babies

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭rizdub

thanks for the quick replies.
    visiting with kids during weekdays means taking off from work so this will be very helpful in our situation with twin newborn n toddler under 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

If married only one parent needs to go.
    if unmarried both need to go if the father is being named on the birth cert.
    Either way don't forget the registration forms, photo I.D and 20 euro per birth cert.

Children don't need to go, they have all the details on screen forwarded by the maternity hospital.

thanks.. where do i get the registration form?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Also, I presume you were married in Ireland?
    If not, you need copy of marriage cert I think.

thanks.. i will keep the marriage cert as we got married in usa ..

rizdub wrote: »
    thanks.. where do i get the registration form?

The maternity hospital will give you one, if not,then you'll get it in the office when registering.

As was already mentioned bring the marriage certificate as you were married outside the R.O.I as you stated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Was there some unusual event at the birth that meant they were not able to register as normal in the hospital? Or is that just a Cork service that's not provided in Dublin?

pwurple wrote: »
    Was there some unusual event at the birth that meant they were not able to register as normal in the hospital? Or is that just a Cork service that's not provided in Dublin?

Im my own case all of my kids were registered at the Cork office and not the hospital.

When herself was in labour the passports were the last things on our mind.

It is common practice in Limerick as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

They don't do registrations in my local maternity hospital at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

pwurple wrote: »

They don't do the registration in the hospital anymore...limerick anyway.

md323 wrote: »
    They don't do the registration in the hospital anymore...limerick anyway.

That's what I meant. I know a girl who had a baby in Limerick and said she registered the child in the local office, she never said the reasons for it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

We had to go to separate office as well. Husband went on his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Cork2015!

When I had my first you could register in CUMH but only on certain days (think it was Tuesday to Friday but I could be wrong) our stay didn't fall within those days so himself went and registered the following week in Cork
    This time around I am hoping to get baby registered in the hospital if the days fall right (just have to agree on a name first!)

Thanks all. registration done.
    Just needed a photo id, pps no and marriage cert.
    they have all the details in their computer sent by the hospital and i did not have to fill any form etc.

Advertisement