Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Active' earplugs

Options
  • 16-01-2017 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭

Anyone here ever use 'Active' type earplugs like THESE
    Were they any good ?
    Would you recommend them or something similar ?

s-l1600.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭FISMA.

I use a set of etymotic research plugs, like those worn by drummers. Handy when you do not have a mod. Great compromise between hearing protection and being able to hear something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭yubabill1

Have etymotics myself - they can be set to normal - or for deaf old coots like me - to enhance slightly.

Don't know about the ones in the OP, the etymotics need a battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

I had a set of the Shooters Aid ones like in your pic, had to stop using them, they left one of my ears and jaw very sore after use,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Surefire did something similar as well for about the same money. Wore em once and put em in the bin.

Like Wadi14 they were sore to use ..... incredibly sore !!

GH

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I found those to be hard on/in my ears. I used the Surefire earplugs when out stalking shooting a 308. They are a nice fit in my ears. And have a small plug to stop or let in more sound.

Do a google search for 'surefire earplugs'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

I tried those shooters aid but they tore the ears off me . Very uncomfortable.

I got a set of Crescendo shooting ear plugs though and i find them fantastic. They have a filter in the ear that you can open or close and when open you can hear people fairly clearly talking but they provide protection from the blast of a gun and when you close them they really muffle the shot . And they are comfortable and come in a handy steel carry case that you can keep on your keyring if you want. Think i paid about €20 for them

This is them
    http://crescendo-hearingprotection.com/product/crescendo-shooting-earplugs-military-standard/

PR-0524-Crescendo-Shooting-Multimode-front-570x708.jpg

This is where i got them .forgot to add they are made from a soft silicone type material so very comfortable to put in or take out and dont leave your ears feeling raw like other plugs

http://activehuntingireland.ie/crescendo-shooting-ear-plugs

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Captainaxiom

Can't beat a set of Howard leight electronic ear muffs.

Can't beat a set of Howard leight electronic ear muffs.

Wish I could wear earmuffs as there is a far better selection , but the way I mount the gun they get in the way :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

I tried those shooters aid but they tore the ears off me . Very uncomfortable.

I got a set of Crescendo shooting ear plugs though and i find them fantastic. They have a filter in the ear that you can open or close and when open you can hear people fairly clearly talking but they provide protection from the blast of a gun and when you close them they really muffle the shot . And they are comfortable and come in a handy steel carry case that you can keep on your keyring if you want. Think i paid about €20 for them

This is them
    http://crescendo-hearingprotection.com/product/crescendo-shooting-earplugs-military-standard/

PR-0524-Crescendo-Shooting-Multimode-front-570x708.jpg

I have a very similar set got from ebay. Cost about a fiver delivered. They come in the steel case (one set) and are made of silicone, but they don't have that fancy mechanism to open/close. I keep clipped to the shotgun case, so it's something I don't leave behind. They work well unless wearing full camo head wear, they can be pressed uncomfortably into the ear.

• Advertisement
Advertisement