Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sculpting make up big lips ?

• 16-01-2017 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

More and more i see these girls using make up that back in the day was used by drag performances. I passed girl that i know. She would be in one year as my sister and my younger sister is 16. This girl looked about 27 and her face was SHINING with glitter. Fair play for beeing able to do this its complete art. Make up looked amazing. But i just wanna know guys point of view . My husband was watching one of those tattoo foxer shows and pointed out most women look unnatural. Mind you of course they do if je has wife that wears just a bit of make up and doesnt wear fake lashes and i dont know how to make my lips look huge or anything. Do guys see that as attractive ? Ill have to get myself some make up courses so foe my husband lol

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I am not a fan. I much prefer natural look and restrained make up. I actually think it makes you look cheap and tastless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Not a guy myself, but I'm not into that look. On camera, it's great. In real life, it's too much. It's the same when I watch youtube videos of amazing make up artists. They have amazing skills, no doubt, but a lot of times the amount of make up they're putting on is huge. It's fine for on camera, but I wonder if they go out in real life looking like that. But maybe that's the world we're living in these days, since so much of our social life is geared towards pictures and videos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

As a guy, I can say it is not a good look. I'm not sure what men are liking it. OK, you've got the stereotype of "big boobs" and all that, but that overly faked tanned, heavily made up look is not really what men want! Stick one of those girls beside a natural looking, pretty girl and I think we know who they'll pick as "girlfriend material". :)

edit: maybe the guys that go for that look are also the guys who pose and preen themselves within an inch of their lives; fake tan, muscles, white teeth, overly gelled hair (the Jersey Shore look). In that case, they are welcome to each other!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Those huge mouths, swollen and shiny, always look to me like the person has a soother in and is drooling round it, too.

They are going to be well morto when they look back at the photos in twenty years' time!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Small note on this thread - please do not bitch or criticise other women's choice of make up. Choice is the key word here. Some men find it attractive, some don't. Trends come, trends go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Im not a guy and the type of makeup look youre referring to isn't something I personally enjoy but im not in that generation category that the makeup look appeals to.

I will say though as a woman I detest the notion that women wear makeup for men or wear anything with mens thoughts/opinions in mind. Im sure that most women would agree if all men vanished from the earth women would continue to wear makeup, short skirts, low cut tops and heels. In Fact if I was sent to live on a desert island for the rest of my life and could only bring 3 items with me id bring a tube of red lipstick.
    Makeup makes me and many other women feel really happy, regardless of how we look or what others think of it. Nobody wears bright pink lipstick because the colour suits them or it looks natural, they wear it because they love the colour.
    Makeup is fun and for allot of women it really is a hobby and something they enjoy and I will defend any woman in her right to do whatever she wants regarding makeup, her self expression and appearance but I do feel that there must be more, the current makeup trend is very repetitive and I would love if young girls didnt feel the need to look like Kim Kardashian.
    That being said there are so many makeup channels on youtube girls have so much information available to them about makeup brands, makeup techniques and applications that just wearnt around when I was young, I didnt even hear of MAC until I was probably 19 and only ever had access to brands like Rimmel and Revlon and the odd beauty book with some cheesy step by step makeup tutorials. Girls these days have so much more available to them that we didnt have.

More and more young women are taking makeup courses, any mickey mouse course qualifies them as a makeup artist but the issue I have with them is that they teach the same technique as a one size fits all approach resulting in a face caked with a style of makeup that doesnt suit everyone, also the makeup style is created for drag queens and instagram as it photographs beautifully but in real life it can look far too over done.
    Really though its just another beauty trend like the bright pink and coral cheeks of the 80's, Nude lips and doll eyes of the 60's or the 2000's lipgloss obsession. This too shall pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Lvstar

I think i should look in to the course or something . Im a mess when it comes to make up . I can put on mascara allright but reat is just a big NO i just cannot do it 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Lvstar wrote: »
    I think i should look in to the course or something . Im a mess when it comes to make up . I can put on mascara allright but reat is just a big NO i just cannot do it 😂

If you want to learn how to put in makeup for yourself then definitely go ahead, but make sure it's for you and not for someone else!
    Makeup should be fun :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

It depends on the individual and personal preference, I personally dont like an extremely made up look, for me that would consist of heavy foundation, strong contour, heavy blush and highlighter, 3 or 4 different eyeshadows, thick eyeliner and fake lashes with a strong lip, nude or otherwise and strong eyebrows. Im old school when it comes to makeup, I like it to enhance not mask but each to their own.

I think contour can look amazing if done right but I do see women with very strong contour that just doesnt seem to be blended correctly so the strong lines are very visible also contour doesnt suit everyone, some women genuinely dont need it so it can look too harsh for their complexion.

Makeups subjective and what appeals to one person wont appeal to another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Kardashians would be definitely in over the top for me. It just looks caked on and very plastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

Advertisement