Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fortune Cookies

Options
  • 16-01-2017 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

Honestly! My 6 year old has me hounded - he's after seeing something on TV and now wants to go to a Chinese Restaurant - but they have to have fortune cookies!

We're off on a family excursion on Saturday and might try a Chinese. Anyone know of one in Dublin city (pref s/s) that would definitely have Fortune Cookies!

(Cheap and cheerful would be great as well!)

C

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,679 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Ah, that's really cute. Very cool six year old embracing other cultures!! I don't know any restaurant that has them, but I was paying for my (obsession with spicy ramen soup) stuff in the Han Sung Asian market on Great Strand street and there was definitely cheap fortune cookies at the till. It's right at the Luas stop. You could grab a few there and head to Koh in the Italian Quarter and get the waiter/waitress to "produce" them at the end of the meal.

The kids menu is a fiver, it's a choice of veg, chicken or beef noodles. Enough for an adult! And the staff are superb, they'll go along with the fortune cookie thing if you bring them yourself. The salads are amazing... (for you)

I don't think they (Koh) open till 1pm.. but it's worth it. Han Sung open earlier.

(the cookies are normally horrible wherever I get them, but it's the fun that has the kids)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

From 6 year old: "Thank you so much, you were so kind"

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Giving them to the waiters is a good idea. I got them before but cannot recall where, many years ago and in other countries too, I do remember whenever I got them the "fortune" was pretty disappointing, sort of Chingrish with no real meaning.

There are recipes online so you could make some and have more personalised "fortunes" that a 6 year old would understand and be more impressed with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

"There are recipes online"

Might look at that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Its not the city centre but the pattaya chinese restaurant in clondalkin serves them after a meal, with desert or tea

https://www.facebook.com/Pattaya-Thai-Chinese-274764782544738/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Lidl usually sell them....

Advertisement