Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inverter/converter noise

Options
  • 16-01-2017 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hoping the good people of boards can help! A business has opened up beside me (tool manufacturing, rural area) and it has coincided with a strange humming/vibration noise, more noticeable at night to the extent that sleep is difficult as it's like a low tone drone. I've checked with the ESB and they've said the transformer is a single one. But I know the person in question has 3 phase power installed and the ESB mentioned it is probably an inverter which would explain the noise. It's nothing to do with them and the business owner in question is already being very difficult over other issues so I want to get my facts in place insofar as I can before I go down the noise pollution route. My question is, is it likely that this is what's causing th noise? The timing is spot on but other than that I have no real proof.... All help would be gratefully received as the lack of sleep is getting to me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 western4

Anyone?!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

It's unlikely that an inverter is causing this. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 western4

Thanks Steve. No idea what it is so. It's like a train in the distance! Except non stop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Tuco88

What does this company do? It could be a mill or CnC machine?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Perhaps it is extract fans / air conditioning?

• Advertisement
Advertisement