Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Authenticity of short form birth cert

Options
  • 16-01-2017 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I recently began to look into finding my original birth cert. I have one quick question in regards the short form birth cert. According to my passport, as well as the short form birthcert my county of birth is Dublin and district of registration is south city 4. I was wondering is this information trustworthy, as in I can narrow my search down to birth certs of children born on the day of my birth, in dublin south? Or is this just an artifact of adoption, and the district of registration is just referring to district that adoption went through?

Best,
    J.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

Is that your short form adoption cert, if so we all have Dublin on them as AAI or Adoption board is in Dublin and all our adoptions went through there.
    My adoption cert says Dublin but i was born in Cork

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Wasn't sure of that - thanks Kathy.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

It's shocking isn't it! Dh believed he was born in Dublin for over 40 years and turns out it was Mayo. So you could have been born anywhere. His adoptive parents wer told his bm was a student in trinity. Turns out she was 16 and had never been to Dublin. So frustrating to realise all the untruths.

Advertisement