Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs and cycling shoes dont mix....

Options
  • 16-01-2017 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭

My nice fluo green spiuk 16rc road shoes are no more. I left them on the floor after today's spin for a short while as I ran to tesco, ironically to get some meat to cook for the dog's tonight. Our younger dog, she's about a year old, saw her opportunity and grabbed the shoe, and I returned home to a boa lacing system in several pieces all over the floor!
    She got a good belt of what was left :p
    You cant leave the little feckers alone for a minute! Watch your shoes and other rquipment around misbehaving pets lads and lasses :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Think you need a new bike....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

dahat wrote: »
    Think you need a new bike....

Or dog....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭secman

Wrong thread :) Oops a quick correction leaves me with a lot to explain :)

secman wrote: »
    Wrong thread :) Oops!

Sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

Ah FFS, our new dog is outside today where my shoes are drying after a turbo session

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

Has happened to two of my helmets since we got a pup a year ago. Current helmet has some chew marks and cosmetic damage to the plastic shell, hopefully I can hold off replacing it until she has outgrown habit of eating anything she gets her teeth on.

They are drawn to anything with the scent of their humans, shoes and helmets get plenty of sweat into them so a rich scent. Socks too for that matter.

Fian wrote: »
    Has happened to two of my helmets since we got a pup a year ago. Current helmet has some chew marks and cosmetic damage to the plastic shell, hopefully I can hold off replacing it until she has outgrown habit of eating anything she gets her teeth on.

They are drawn to anything with the scent of their humans, shoes and helmets get plenty of sweat into them so a rich scent. Socks too for that matter.

Anything that comes near her mouth she wants to chew!
    But shes too cute to hate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

terrydel wrote: »
    get some meat to cook for the dog's tonight.

your dogs don't know they're born

De Bhál wrote: »
    your dogs don't know they're born

The missus is great at cooking big vats of meat, rice, veg and that type of thing for them. They only get the cheap meat tho! In fairness its the same if not cheaper than buying the dry dog food. And better for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

The missus is great at cooking big vats of meat, rice, veg and that type of thing for them. They only get the cheap meat tho! In fairness its the same if not cheaper than buying the dry dog food. And better for them.

Meat rice and veg. Wow.
    Lucky dogs, when I think what our dogs used to get.

• Advertisement

De Bhál wrote: »
    Meat rice and veg. Wow.
    Lucky dogs, when I think what our dogs used to get.

They are well looked after!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

You sound like a great owner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

My mother used to cook 'liver-and-lights' (liver and lung, with other bits of offal, all chopped up) with porridge for our dogs. Made the house smell unbelievably awful, but they loved it and thrived on it and it was super-cheap.

Advertisement