Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW22 Captain Poll

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'd be considering a transfer in to get yourself a captain. Staying without Sanchez for these next 2 fixtures could likely bite you hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

CSF wrote: »
    Is that not really dangerous given his woeful form?

Will Busts also be tempted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

I'd be considering a transfer in to get yourself a captain. Staying without Sanchez for these next 2 fixtures could likely bite you hard.

I had Sanchez for most of the season til giroud came back in the picture, will take a chance this weekend .

I can't fathom if captaining Costa this week is too risky a decision. How high is the risk of him not starting and how does the risk/reward ratio stack up to say for example Sanchez.

Don't have nor want Hazard so Giroud is the other real option but I doubt I'd end up going with him.
    Anyone?

Anyone?

I don't think Costa will start and Giroud's gametime isn't really guaranteed either.

I'd be looking elsewhere for my captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Anyone?

Hes my captain anyway. I fully believe he will start and will try to prove a point after last week and to get club and fans back on side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Going to Arsenal match so it's gotta be Sanchez

Anyone?

I don't think Costa will start and Giroud's gametime isn't really guaranteed either.

I'd be looking elsewhere for my captain.
    My inclination is that he will. The risk would have been that Conte might want to go with an unchanged team after a great win at Leicester.

But if you look at the team they went with that day a back 5 (with Alonso and Moses as attacking wingbacks) and 2 defensive midfielders Kante and Matic.

My feeling is that they won't go with a back 7 like that at home to Hull who will sit back and try soak up Chelsea pressure. I expect Fabregas and Costa to come in for probably Matic and Willian.

But I don't know if I'm sure enough of that to captain him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Hazard

• Advertisement

I wouldn't want to be concerned about my captains minutes on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Gone for Hazard. Could regret not going sanchez but gone with gut. Will stick a few quid on sanchez to score 2+ just incase. (watch him get 1 goal and 5 assists now)

That's a fair point too. I think in terms of risk/reward ratio he has the biggest reward potential, but you don't have to worry about the Arsenal guys starting this week while Walcott is out, which you do here, even if I think it's only a small worry.

I feel it's a tough call but I might have to err on the side of caution.

That's a fair point too. I think in terms of risk/reward ratio he has the biggest reward potential, but you don't have to worry about the Arsenal guys starting this week while Walcott is out, which you do here, even if I think it's only a small worry.

I feel it's a tough call but I might have to err on the side of caution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Sanchez for me.

Would love to gamble on Pedro or Lallana but gonna play it safe with Sanchez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Would love to gamble on Pedro or Lallana but gonna play it safe with Sanchez.

Literally thinking the same with Pedro, type of game he could get 2 and an assist or vice versa. San(C)hez to keep up appearances with those in leagues around me

Stuck with Sanchez in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I said a couple of GWs ago when my "observation-made-theory" kicked me in the a*se that I'll never participate anymore. And I'm sticking to it :D. Just for the stats I'm now voting post-deadline. Went for Sanchez. Pedro vice. If Costa was out, I'd have gone for Pedro. If he was definitely in I'd have gone for him as part of a double transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Costa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Rondon,gut instinct. I've very bad guts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Will stick a few quid on sanchez to score 2+ just incase. (watch him get 1 goal and 5 assists now)

1 goal and 5 assists?! I'd take that all day long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Firmino

Great call

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Stuck the captaincy on Firmino @ 11.24 today. If I read this thread, I would have put it onto someone else, lucky I didnt!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Dempsey wrote: »
    Stuck the captaincy on Firmino @ 11.24 today. If I read this thread, I would have put it onto someone else, lucky I didnt!!
    I proved from last year that this thread is a guarantee for failure :pac:... Stats facts :D.

So you're better off not looking at it or doing the opposite :p.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Great call

54 with 2 to play . Be a very bad week if I hadn't captained him , or if Sanchez gets a hat trick :)

Advertisement