Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky+ HD box started lagging when turning over to another channel now.

Options
  • 16-01-2017 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭

Why is there a 'Lag' all of a sudden on my Sky+ HD box. Just happened over night - if I press say 141 the screen freezes and then it turns over and says somerthing about techical fault with channel on a blue screen , and then pic comes on, this is taking seconds now instead of instant. Havent tried unplugging box and plugging it back in yet but what happened overnight to make it go like this I wonder?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Why is there a 'Lag' all of a sudden on my Sky+ HD box. Just happened over night - if I press say 141 the screen freezes and then it turns over and says somerthing about techical fault with channel on a blue screen , and then pic comes on, this is taking seconds now instead of instant. Havent tried unplugging box and plugging it back in yet but what happened overnight to make it go like this I wonder?

check your hard drive isnt full.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

It cleared itself!! :o - but yeah I have just checked and I have 2% left - thanks for the advice. Better get to work on deleting some stuff I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

It cleared itself!! :o - but yeah I have just checked and I have 2% left - thanks for the advice. Better get to work on deleting some stuff I guess!

Taught as much common problem as people never delete anything despite the same program been on over and over again should solve for ya :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

steveon wrote: »
    Taught as much common problem as people never delete anything despite the same program been on over and over again should solve for ya :-)

cheers :) - sometimes the easiest solutions just dont seem obvious at first!

Advertisement