Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorola Moto G4 (Slow Charging)

Options
  • 16-01-2017 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

I have recently purchased a Motorola Moto G4. It came with only a 500mA "Motorola" charger. At first I was suspicious at how a 500mA charger will charge up a 3000mAh battery and I was right. The charging time is ridiculous. So instead I am using a genuine Samsung charger, rated the same as the Motorola one except that it is 1000mA. I am told that as long as the charger is 5.0v I am fine to charge my device? Anyway, any other Motorola Moto G4 owners who also got their phones shipped with 500mA chargers? Surely that's not the right charger for a 3000mAh battery phone as the charge time takes a ridiculous number of hours.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PAKNET

Yes, the 500mA charger is correct.

If you want fast charging on the G4 then you need to pay extra for a Turbo Charger.

Or go for the more expensive G4+ which comes included with a turbo charger in the box.

Any USB charger will do though, the higher the output current rating the shorter a charge will take.

Advertisement