Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a running app that does audio cues for custom distance intervals?

Options
  • 16-01-2017 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,
    Before the kids (>5 years ago), i used to do tempo training using the Runkeeper app on my iPhone. Basically, I could set-up a run with 1km slow, 800m steady, 400m fast etc. etc. and it would tell me when to start the next interval. It also recorded your splits per interval which improved my ability to pace myself no end. 
    I loved it, but it has been up-versioned multiple times since then and this functionality is long gone. It doesn't appear to be available in the pay-by-month offering either - it appears they provide set plans only?
    Are there any other control freaks out there who have found an app to do this?
    I'm currently using a separate high/low interval timer app but have no idea what my pace is doing. I guess the training plans have 400/800m intervals as they are easy to time for those with access to a track :-(
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Butlerstown

I have same problem so very interested in replies. I use Strava and I get my minute miles but need to pay to add ons.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mrshappy

Ok this is strange but I can still do this on runkeeper. I normally follow one of the training plans on it but I can also set my own

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bizeb

Just to feedback in case anyone else was perplexed by this, I did come across it on Runkeeper...not intuitive, but it's under 
    workout \ custom \interval run \ new action

Advertisement