Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account holder unable to access account

Options
  • 16-01-2017 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭

My dad lives in the UK but still has an account with his local branch. He's unfortunately had an accident and is unable to communicate very well, and is expected to be like that for some time.

He is going to need access to the funds in the account to help fund his recovery, but is unable to give instructions himself. Is there any way I can facilitate this for him - a cheque or draft payable only to him, for example? I can answer any questions or obtain whatever is needed from the hospital if that helps. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

My dad lives in the UK but still has an account with his local branch. He's unfortunately had an accident and is unable to communicate very well, and is expected to be like that for some time.

He is going to need access to the funds in the account to help fund his recovery, but is unable to give instructions himself. Is there any way I can facilitate this for him - a cheque or draft payable only to him, for example? I can answer any questions or obtain whatever is needed from the hospital if that helps. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks
    Hi Sebastian, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

I'm very sorry to hear of your dad's accident and hope he has a speedy recovery. We would advise you to discuss this with your dad's account holding branch and an advisor will be happy to help you with this. Please see this link to book an appointment in the appropriate branch. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement