Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claire Byrne live - AHAR

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

cyning wrote: »
    Looked up the post about the organisation and a blue parrot and sharon shannon. Like a 6 year olds story book. Seriously ?

It was the radio interviews that followed that were ridiculous. She said she contacted Fota. Fota put it in writing she didn't. Why lie?
    She still has the parrot. Fairly tales from kerry. Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

That was the whole point.. The parrot was paid for by Sharon Shannon on the understanding it was to be re homed in a setting like Fota, not kept isolated in a room on its own for years above the pony ring. Suzanne Gibbons lied and said Fora refused the parrot. They did not.
    It was selfish on Gibbons part, nothing to do with animal welfare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

In fairness I've tried to engage with you. I haven't called you pet or maintained it's black and white. But you are rubbishing all the claims and picking and choosing what to reply to.

Do you disagree with the Charity Regulator?

Do you disagree with AHAR themselves?

How do you explain that AHAR have long maintained that Suzanne Gibbons didn't get a wage when she was?

Why was the AHAR bank account in Suzanne Gibbons name?

How do you explain AHAR being issued animal welfare notices? Again admitted by AHAR.

Why does AHAR buy animals and say she rescues them? That's not rescuing.

I can't answer those questions. I don't think everything being said by AHAR is true. I don't think everything being said against them is true. But you are not discussing anything. You are blocking discussion.

I have no interest in replying to your blatant grandstanding ...If you have an issue against Suzanne Gibbons thats fine..But at least have the lips or balls to come out and say so and not hide behind unfounded accusations

• Registered Users Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Issues usually are rattleing around a good while before they get a whole investigation programme on RTE.

The charity is always bigger than the founder, that's though. Ask John O'Shea.

If she really has a passion for animals and rescue, she will step away from the charity.

Felix, you really don't get it.

That was the whole point.. The parrot was paid for by Sharon Shannon on the understanding it was to be re homed in a setting like Fota, not kept isolated in a room on its own for years above the pony ring. Suzanne Gibbons lied and said Fora refused the parrot. They did not.
    It was selfish on Gibbons part, nothing to do with animal welfare.
    Why didn't they just leave the bloody parrot in the pet shop in galway.

• Advertisement

Water John wrote: »
    Issues usually are rattleing around a good while before they get a whole investigation programme on RTE.

The charity is always bigger than the founder, that's though. Ask John O'Shea.

If she really has a passion for animals and rescue, she will step away from the charity.

Felix, you really don't get it.

Ah I do John... it's just that I don't care for other parties agenda's ....It's blatantly obvious what's happening here, but you already know that don't you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

In fairness I've tried to engage with you. I haven't called you pet or maintained it's black and white. But you are rubbishing all the claims and picking and choosing what to reply to.

Do you disagree with the Charity Regulator?

Do you disagree with AHAR themselves?

How do you explain that AHAR have long maintained that Suzanne Gibbons didn't get a wage when she was?

Why was the AHAR bank account in Suzanne Gibbons name?

How do you explain AHAR being issued animal welfare notices? Again admitted by AHAR.

Why does AHAR buy animals and say she rescues them? That's not rescuing.

I can't answer those questions. I don't think everything being said by AHAR is true. I don't think everything being said against them is true. But you are not discussing anything. You are blocking discussion.

I have no interest in replying to your blatant grandstanding ...If you have an issue against Suzanne Gibbons thats fine..But at least have the lips or balls to come out and say so and not hide behind unfounded accusations

I'm not grandstanding at all. Nothing I've said there is unfounded. All of that has been admitted by AHAR. Somebody is grandstanding and it is not me.

Why didn't they just leave the bloody parrot in the pet shop in galway.
    Think it was Tralee but that was always my view as well, the parrot was worse off at AHAR. The parrot according to other people, with no vested interests (people that used the pet shop, saw the parrot in the shop) was in good health and not showing signs of distress.
    Gibbons spun a sob story to get the money from Sharon Shannon and then kept the parrot in poorer conditions than it had and wouldn't part with it.

So, I belong to some strange group or cult ,too???

Don't want to disparage any one in a public forum.
    This lady comes from from Cork, I think, as I do.
    Brought up the subject with a few Kerry friends today. Not a lady to be crossed was the response.

So many of the basics of both a charity and rescue are incorrect in this case.
    I have no problem with anyone getting a wage, but denying it does no help.
    You don't purchase animal rescues.
    You keep a cheque book.
    The trustees do their job and are allowed and facilitated in doing their job.
    You don't misrepesent a need for urgent rescue and funds for same, when it has already happened.
    A charity is a contract of sorts with a public willing to help. Treating that contract of trust with some disdain is totally unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Ah I do John... it's just that I don't care for other parties agenda's ....It's blatantly obvious what's happening here, but you already know that don't you

Agenda??

People want accountability and transparency. Not just with donations and income and outgoings but transparency regarding the animals in their care. No other rescue has animals that disappear into the ether once they've raised enough cash and are surplus to requirements.

• Advertisement

Who gives a **** what your friends think.

So much unfounded and libellous accusations on here it's rediculous
    And frankly, the actual reality of the animals situation has been lost amongst the hatred some people show towards the woman running the organisation.
    Can't see boards keeping this rubbish going for much longer peeps

Again what's unfounded? You realise that they have released a statement confirming everything I put to you already? That's not unfounded or libellous.

Strange how no one else is resorting to bad language or condescending terms of endearment while refusing to provide any sort of evidence at all though.

Particularly where the charity in question had admitted it. People care about the animals. If they didn't no one would care about the charity.

The neglect, starvation and war turmoil of children, in no way means any charity in that field doesn't abide by standards. Ask the Irish Red Cross.

Don't throw the cruelty of animals around.

Again what's unfounded? You realise that they have released a statement confirming everything I put to you already? That's not unfounded or libellous.

Strange how no one else is resorting to bad language or condescending terms of endearment while refusing to provide any sort of evidence at all though.

Particularly where the charity in question had admitted it. People care about the animals. If they didn't no one would care about the charity.

Continue with your hatchet job, and shame on you....You accuse the woman of all sorts..

And provide no proof!!! It's disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself and your vindictive attacks on the poor woman

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Who gives a **** what your friends think.

So much unfounded and libellous accusations on here it's rediculous
    And frankly, the actual reality of the animals situation has been lost amongst the hatred some people show towards the woman running the organisation.
    Can't see boards keeping this rubbish going for much longer peeps

Can you please keep it civil. I have already asked and this is the last time. Thanks. Mod

Continue with your hatchet job, and shame on you....You accuse the woman of all sorts..

And provide no proof!!! It's disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself and your vindictive attacks on the poor woman

Can we see the same thing?

I have just reread all of the posts by the above poster and cannot see anything defamatory, derogatory or vindictive. From your retorts and replies, I assume you know the other poster and your stance is emotive or based on history - not the contents of this thread.
    My only interest always has and will be the animals. Buying from dealers and becoming known as the cash cow of the fairs will never help animals, just perpetuate the crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

But....I'm not going to believe the screams and moans eminating from rival 'charities" when there is proof that can be later before the dept of public prosecutions...Then fine....But until then, not too bothered about the moaning

That's a big change of heart there Felix, from not too bothered to hysterically defending the honour of a woman you claim not to know?

They have admitted it. Literally admitted it. They have admitted their record keeping was not up to scratch. They've admitted being served animal welfare notices. They've admitted she takes a wage where they said she didn't. They've admitted that it wasn't best practice to have the bank account in Suzanne Gibbons name. They've admitted having animals on the premises before issuing a "code red".

I'm not at all ashamed of myself. I do find it really, really bizarre you telling me I should be for things they have admitted. You've been given links. Go read them.

Can we see the same thing?

I have just reread all of the posts by the above poster and cannot see anything defamatory, derogatory or vindictive. From your retorts and replies, I assume you know the other poster and your stance is emotive or based on history - not the contents of this thread.

I'm not sure we have ever interacted before. I'm honestly a bit perplexed about what I'm being accused of!

The woman was taking € 380.00 a week wages. Not anything like the woman in rehab who was taking that an hour. .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

The woman was taking € 380.00 a week wages. Not anything like the woman in rehab who was taking that an hour. .

+ expenses and claiming to be a volunteer at the same time

I'm not sure we have ever interacted before. I'm honestly a bit perplexed about what I'm being accused of!

My post was to Felix. I could not see anything in your posts that deserved the hyperbolic responses you received.
    Hope this clarifies.

JohnBoy26 wrote: »

+ expenses and claiming to be a volunteer at the same time
    All I can say is there are definitely 2 sides to this story. It's nothing like console. Which was out and out criminal. I am usually on one side or the other but am completely baffled this time.

I actually think she deserves a wage (or at least the job deserves a wage). But AHAR posted numerous times on their Facebook page that she wasnt. It's the lying that bothers me. If they lie about that what else will they lie about? Don't forget they were paying her rent too. I think it was less than €380 a week too more like €320?

Nobody has a problem with a wage. The main animals I see here are Red Herrings.

My post was to Felix. I could not see anything in your posts that deserved the hyperbolic responses you received.
    Hope this clarifies.

I know makeandcreate :) just rather surprised at the responses myself!

The neglect, starvation and war turmoil of children, in no way means any charity in that field doesn't abide by standards. Ask the Irish Red Cross.

Here is the crux of the matter. Well compared.

No one here is condoning animal cruelty.

Here is the crux of the matter. Well compared.

No one here is condoning animal cruelty.
    Hold on. There is a very well known selection of the irush population that certainly do condone animal cruelty. Can't mention them on forum as I will get banned.

Hold on. There is a very well known selection of the irush population that certainly do condone animal cruelty. Can't mention them on forum as I will get banned.

Are you being obtuse for the purpose of sheer provocation?
    To clarify "I meant, here at this time - on this thread".
    Sorry for delay in replying but my rescue dog needed his bedtime stroll.
    He is an EBT and personally I think Irish law is cruel to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

They have admitted it. Literally admitted it. They have admitted their record keeping was not up to scratch. They've admitted being served animal welfare notices. They've admitted she takes a wage where they said she didn't. They've admitted that it wasn't best practice to have the bank account in Suzanne Gibbons name. They've admitted having animals on the premises before issuing a "code red".

I'm not at all ashamed of myself. I do find it really, really bizarre you telling me I should be for things they have admitted. You've been given links. Go read them.

I wouldn't bother with them any more. my personal belief they are an AHAR follower and some of the phrases that are being used is waving red flags

Advertisement