Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasonably priced Italian or Indian restaurant in Malahide or Swords?

Options
  • 16-01-2017 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

A few friends meeting Thursday and we have just been looking at the menus for Kajja and Jaipur in Malahide, and although we are sure they are very nice places, it would seem we could be looking at €50 or €60 a head for a starter, main, and drink.

All a bit broke after Christmas - is there an Indian or Italian in Malahide or Swords, cheaper but still nice? Maybe more like €30 or €40 a head?

The more options the better, please recommend!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Best restaurant in Malahide consistently - Go to Siam Thai in Malahide - or better still, pick an early bird & relax & enjoy without the stress of financial curtailments!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Can't beat Indie Spice in swords for value and food. Staff are great too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Dovies wrote: »

Had an utterly chaotic & Dreadful meal there a few years back - won't be making that mistake ever again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Go for the early bird in Kajjal. Get there before 7.00pm.

Nyom nyom - 21.95.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Best restaurant in Malahide consistently - Go to Siam Thai in Malahide - or better still, pick an early bird & relax & enjoy without the stress of financial curtailments!

Last time I was there, I wasn't impressed with the new menu. Pretty much every main a coconut milk based curry. They used to do a wider range, now it's Thai curry like it's 2007 again...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Giovanni's Italian restaurant at the bottom of Townyard Lane in Malahide is nice. They do great pizzas and I think they do two courses for €18.50 Monday to Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Giovanni's Italian restaurant at the bottom of Townyard Lane in Malahide is nice. They do great pizzas and I think they do two courses for €18.50 Monday to Thursday.

+1 for Giovanni's , I also really like d'chili shaker in Swords. (Indian)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭plodder

+1 for Giovanni's , I also really like d'chili shaker in Swords. (Indian)
    +1 for both. Giovannis can be a bit noisy and hectic. Chilli Shaker more quiet and subdued. Depends on what you want.

I believe there is a new Italian in the Plaza in Swords. Don't know what it's like though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Homer

I would take the chilli shaker over Indie Spice every day of the week and pretty much every one I speak to is of the same opinion. Its been a long time since I was in Giovannis but it was always excellent. There is also Il Sorissso which is above Gilbert & Wright bar (just down from gibneys on the same side) which is also a very reasonable and excellent italian.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

Another vote for Kajjal in Malahide - food there is gorgeous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Dazed909

d'Chilli Shaker in Swords is nicer than Kajall and much cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

D'Chilli Shaker and Indie Spice in Swords are nice, Kajjal is on a different level though but pricier unless you get the early bird.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Fratelli on Swords main st is a great Italian.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Indie Spice would be my Indian of choice.

And whilst not in the OP's search area, I'd recommend Pasta Castello in Donabate for an Italian.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Fratelli on Swords main st is a great Italian.
    I thought their menu was very limited!
    Indie Spice would be my Indian of choice.

And whilst not in the OP's search area, I'd recommend Pasta Castello in Donabate for an Italian.

Chili Shaker for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

This thread needs a poll lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

T-Maxx wrote: »
    This thread needs a poll lol.

+1 for Giovanni. New Indian on Swords Main St, Spice of India was good on my only visit there. Indie Spice is not the same since being refurbished. Used to be top notch though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Homer

Passed by Fratellis on main street yesterday and it seems to have rebranded to a vietnamese restaurant?! There was some sort of hand written sign that mentioned a joint operation italian/vietnamese (which sounds bizarre) but I was in a hurry and didn't stop to read the sign properly..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Homer wrote: »
    Passed by Fratellis on main street yesterday and it seems to have rebranded to a vietnamese restaurant?! There was some sort of hand written sign that mentioned a joint operation italian/vietnamese (which sounds bizarre) but I was in a hurry and didn't stop to read the sign properly..

That's a pity. We've never had a decent Italian restaurant in Swords that lasted any length of time.

I'd love to know where the OP went in the end....

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Montserrat

Dovies wrote: »
    +1 We fell in love with this restaurant, went there many times

• Advertisement
Advertisement