Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Beast Tank.

• 17-01-2017 10:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    About 4-6 weeks ago I invested in a Smok Alien with a baby beast tank.
    The first coil lasted me a fortnight and that was with a high volume of vaping at 50w. I have been using 0.4Ohm coils.
    Ever since I have been replacing coils every 2-3 days and it is driving me crazy. I have even reduced the wattage with no gains.
    Does anyone know if I may be doing something wrong?
    I'm thinking I may need to upgrade my tank for something better?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

You may be doing absolutely nothing wrong and you're just unfortunate in having a bad few coils. That's the problem with the pre-made ones, you can end up having a load of dud coils. With my kayfun mini v3, I've had the same kanthal coil in there for about 6 months, I just change out the cotton every week or so. Consistent vape and not having to fork out for coils all the time. Worth considering a rebuildable if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

TinCool wrote: »
    You may be doing absolutely nothing wrong and you're just unfortunate in having a bad few coils. That's the problem with the pre-made ones, you can end up having a load of dud coils. With my kayfun mini v3, I've had the same kanthal coil in there for about 6 months, I just change out the cotton every week or so. Consistent vape and not having to fork out for coils all the time. Worth considering a rebuildable if you ask me.

Can you build coils for the baby beast?
    I definitely would look into doing that

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

killwill wrote: »
    Can you build coils for the baby beast?
    I definitely would look into doing that

You can get an RBA base for them, elixor in cork have them!
    https://www.e-lixor.com/products/smok-rba-v8-baby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Are you priming the coils before use? I have that tank here and the coils have been good to date. Juice up the coil and let it settle for a minute after filling the tank before use and they should be fine. Otherwise you got a batch of duds :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Are you priming the coils before use? I have that tank here and the coils have been good to date. Juice up the coil and let it settle for a minute after filling the tank before use and they should be fine. Otherwise you got a batch of duds :/

Always prime them and let them sit for 10mins before using them.

I have been using the 0.4Ohm coils. I used a 0.15Ohm coil today and it is much better.
    Saying that I think I might not have been cleaning it properly and this led to the issue. Also after the last few coil changes the mod did not prompt for a new coil change.

I will know more over the next few days and see.

I like the idea of making my own coils so gonna look at the RDA setup.

Thanks for all the help lads.

• Advertisement
Advertisement