Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ford Fiesta 2009, are they reliable and good?

• 17-01-2017 1:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44

Hi, Im considering buying a 2009 Ford Fiesta. Has anybody had any bad experiences with the 2009/2010 version. Im looking for a reliable car. I have been warned off buying a Volkswagon Polo from a mechanic. I have also looked at SEAT Ibiza's as well. Are they at all reliable, could they rival a 2009 Ford Fiesta.

Please let me know of any experiences.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Fiesta is a good car. Try and get one with air conditioning as it's handy during the winter as well as the summer.

The Seat Ibiza, Skoda Fabia and VW Polo are all the same car underneath so known problems will be common across them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 blindmelon

Thanks for the information. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They're a good all round car. The 1.25 is out for ages at this stage and is a nice zippy little thing. It's still a current model which is nice, there is a new fiesta coming out but it will be very similar to the 09 to look at, which keeps the old ones looking relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LeeLynch499

i have a 2011 model 1.25 82bhp. Great little car to drive and on the motor way averages at 55mph!!
    had a 2006 model previous and that never caused any problems hence why i stuck with them :-) the higher spec models have decent equipment aswell!! i have the fiesta edge. no spot lights ( :( ) but has A/C, Voice Recognition and Bluetooth for phone :-)
    Test drive a few before hand because the breaks seem to be different in a lot of them as iv heard! mine were very sensitive at first but you get used to it :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭gooner99

My nephew just got a 2010 1.25 82hp in from the UK. Drove it home from the transport company in the North. Class car. It feels like a car from a class above. The 1.25 engine is sweet and never feels wanting in any type of driving, granted there was only two of us in it. Zetec model, so nicely finished too. I know there are new 1.0 ecoboost engines in newer models, but seems the claimed mpg is way out in most situations. I can't imagine the need to take one over the 1.25 82hp. Just check the bhp on any car your looing at, as I believe a lot of Irish ones were sold with 60hp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 blindmelon

Thanks guys :)

Advertisement