Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Willow Park Athlone

• 17-01-2017 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Thinking about buying in willow park , thing struck me was the prices 60-80k for 3-5 homes . I know some will need to be done up but why such a low prices for the area ? First time buyer so may buy to rent as AIT would have students looking for accommodation but why aren't these homes being snapped up for renting purposes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Go for a drive down there and see...
    It has a chequered history and is well documented on here.

There is a thread open already on it here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Houses in Willow Park are cheap for a reason, as you'll find out very quickly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Go for a drive down there and see...

Don't know if I would drive down there now!!

Such a pity as it was a lovely estate years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

OP, see thread here on the subject

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055531597

Willow Park has a bad reputation (well deserved in recent years), however the area seems to be making somewhat of a comeback in my opinion. The last row of red brick houses at the bottom of the estate seem to be being redeveloped at the minute. The area is certainly in much better nick than it was 5 or 6 years ago.

Advertisement