Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neighbours dogs

• 17-01-2017 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi, a new person moved onto our road during the summer. She has two large dogs who are cooped up in the back garden day in and day out. She never ever walks them. About once a week someone comes and takes them off in their car somewhere. They get dropped back and left out back again (still with harness on for days after). The dogs howl and bark as soon as she leaves the house. They howl at bark occasionally throughout the day.
    I feel very sorry for them.

However, in the last couple of weeks she has started to let them out at night time around 11pm and they run around the road. I got out of car one night coming home and they charged and started barking at me. I am well used to dogs so I just told them to go home which they did.

I've noticed two large poos in my front garden from them. One evening they were in garden and my dog was asleep on couch we hadn't closed the blind and her dogs charged and banged off our window with some force.

Last night we let our two out back garden to do their night time pees before bed. We heard our youngest dog loosing it at side of house, when my husband went out front and looked here was the two big dogs attacking our side gate trying to get in at our two. When he told them to go home they started to growl at him.

I haven't called over to talk to her yet but I will.

Just wanted to ask for advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Their behaviour shouts of dogs that are cooped up all the time with nothing to do. I'm sorry you're going through this. If it were me, I'd be contacting the dog warden. I'd genuinely be reluctant to approach someone who thinks letting two dogs out to do what they're doing is okay, but I'm the non-confrontational sort. :o

However, if you think she is approachable, no harm in speaking to her. Or even popping a note through her door expressing your concerns?

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Popping her dogs poo (and by extension her poo) through her letterbox would be more appropriate. I hate people that think it's OK to have their dogs **** all over other people's properties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭mistybluehills

annie_ie wrote: »
    Hi, a new person moved onto our road during the summer. She has two large dogs who are cooped up in the back garden day in and day out. She never ever walks them. About once a week someone comes and takes them off in their car somewhere. They get dropped back and left out back again (still with harness on for days after). The dogs howl and bark as soon as she leaves the house. They howl at bark occasionally throughout the day.
    I feel very sorry for them.

However, in the last couple of weeks she has started to let them out at night time around 11pm and they run around the road. I got out of car one night coming home and they charged and started barking at me. I am well used to dogs so I just told them to go home which they did.

I've noticed two large poos in my front garden from them. One evening they were in garden and my dog was asleep on couch we hadn't closed the blind and her dogs charged and banged off our window with some force.

Last night we let our two out back garden to do their night time pees before bed. We heard our youngest dog loosing it at side of house, when my husband went out front and looked here was the two big dogs attacking our side gate trying to get in at our two. When he told them to go home they started to growl at him.

I haven't called over to talk to her yet but I will.

Just wanted to ask for advice.

Some people, what!
    The mind boggles. Why bother having a dog at all if that's the carry on.
    Don't know what you can do, is moving house an opTion? Peeps your talking about mightnt even accept they'res a problem if yountakm to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

If the dogs are anyway approachable (doesn't sound like it) bag up the poo and tie to collar. I've done it myself after dog left one nearly on my doorstep 3 times in a week. It stopped.

Advertisement