Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splatoon 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Anyone taking part in the splatfest? What team did you pick if you are? Missed out on the last one but enjoying this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

I picked "Flight". Currently in an unbroken streak so the rest of you flighters better not let me down!

I picked "Flight". Currently in an unbroken streak so the rest of you flighters better not let me down!

I picked invisibility. I'd say I've won about 3/4 of the matches I've been involved in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

i was playing for team flight last night, was an absolute drag up untill the champion rank and a breeze to queen from there. My teams mostly just stayed at spawn inking the area and were rushed nearly every game and stuck in their own area. must be a lot of young un's picked team flight too.

The results are in. 2-1 to flight. Invisibility narrowly wins the popular vote but flight narrowly wins both battle modes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

The results are in. 2-1 to flight. Invisibility narrowly wins the popular vote but flight narrowly wins both battle modes.

Sexual deviants everywhere! I honestly thought flight would be more popular though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Got this at the weekend and had my first go last night. I'm not exactly 8 Jan Michael Vincents, and I was never a competitive player but I still managed to hold my own, and there's something so satisfying about being the little Level 1 guy with the Splatter Jnr destroying all those level 25 roller wielding chumps who don't think they need to look behind them. It's a long road back to the Aero RG though :'(

After 2 rounds though the session timed out due to a lack of players. Is that common? Is everyone playing ranked battles or something?

Banjo wrote: »
    Got this at the weekend and had my first go last night. I'm not exactly 8 Jan Michael Vincents, and I was never a competitive player but I still managed to hold my own, and there's something so satisfying about being the little Level 1 guy with the Splatter Jnr destroying all those level 25 roller wielding chumps who don't think they need to look behind them. It's a long road back to the Aero RG though :'(

After 2 rounds though the session timed out due to a lack of players. Is that common? Is everyone playing ranked battles or something?

Mmm, not for me anyways. Been jumping between both and neither have timed out for me.

yeah i had a couple of time outs when looking for players last night too never usually like that. Noticed ya on last night i was gonna join you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

Trying to find any ranked game in S+ can take a while.

yeah i had a couple of time outs when looking for players last night too never usually like that. Noticed ya on last night i was gonna join you.

Glad you didn't, or you'd know how big a lie that "destroying all those level 25s" thing was :D I just hid in a corner till the ink stopped bukkaking around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭geotrig

Can anyone confirm for me if this has split screen multiplayer ,Im guessing like the 1st it doesn't ?

The first at least had the 1 v 1 balloon bursting couch vs game. This doesn't even have that far as I can see (and I'm sitting in front of it now, albeit undocked). So no, no it doesn't. And it doesn't look likely that they'll patch it in, nor any co-op for the offline game, or a 1+3 bots vs 1 + 3 bots... Damn you Nintendo!

But, being the Switch, it does have local couch vs as long as everyone has a Switch and Splat2n. And there are 8 of you. (or 4 for Salmon Run)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭geotrig

ta , good to know that there is no download tye play either :(

First salmon run. Dear God, this could be the whole game and it would still be awesome.

Edit: played 3 shifts on mobile data, lost connection on the final round of the 3rd shift, so not too bad considering I'm on Tesco Mobile, the Fiat Ritmo of data carriers.

I got past 200 points and the vest reward has a tick, do I get a free 3* vest? I can't see it in my inventory or the shops. I'm only level 5 though.

First salmon run. Dear God, this could be the whole game and it would still be awesome.

Edit: played 3 shifts on mobile data, lost connection on the final round of the 3rd shift, so not too bad considering I'm on Tesco Mobile, the Fiat Ritmo of data carriers.

I got past 200 points and the vest reward has a tick, do I get a free 3* vest? I can't see it in my inventory or the shops. I'm only level 5 though.

You need to collect it outside of the salmon run area on the left of the entrance.

Thanks. Figured it out (aka stumbled on the answer accidentally) but good to know.

Have to say, Salmon Run teams during lunch time were a whole lot stupider than Salmon Run teams at night. This is where you feel the need for voice chat. Not so much because there's no outlet for the abuse, more that if you don't know what you're doing there's no way to learn other than screwing up other peoples games. Little things like "The tide comes in, so look before you squid through that grate".

I'm having a lot of fun, but when I can only say "help", "over here" and "Booyah" I feel some of my willingness to learn is stifled.

So here - the current weapons are a splattershot, the umbrella-shotgun, something that looks like a ray-gun but... I don't know what it shoots and a squelcher.

Are there roles or is it a free for all?
    (e.g. should the splatter and squelcher lay down paths and cover for the shotgun and other yoke to get in close and do damage)
    What's the protocol when golden eggs are dropped?
    (e.g. first come first served, run straight to the basket or 2 x 2 covered retreat with suppressing fire?)
    Is there any way to tell where the assault is coming from other than to go have a look (e.g. patterns, signals, map etc.)

Special event on Saturday for salmon run, something about weapons not being fixed and more.
    I imagine something will be revealed after tonights direct.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/290031-splatoon-2-special-content-teased-for-salmon-run-mode-on-sept
    An announcement from Mr. Grizz: 'There's trouble. For the 9/16 Salmon Run shift recruitment weapons are not fixed until you arrive on-site. Furthermore, I seem to have misplaced some personal items. If you see anything, do not take it with you, and please do not say anything.

Two more new stages coming announced during the direct and a new bigger brella weapon!

• Advertisement

Dont forget the special salmon run today.

I had a run with 3 sniper rifles earlier. We were destroyed in wave 1 against a griller.

But its gas with a Roller

Did ya get the grizzco yolk yet? That thing would be broken in multiplayer unless the blasts are weak :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

I would love to play this with the WiiU control pad.

Keeping an eye on the enemy sneaking up behind you was great with the second screen.

Welcome to the oddest splatfest yet.
    https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/914006923888009216

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

On first glance I thought it was asking do you wipe front to back or back to front. Now that would of been odd.

• Advertisement

Really hope they do a similar thing to Mayo v ketchup, brown vs yellow. It will be scatastic!

Advertisement