Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splatoon 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,188 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm sure at the 39 second mark they say "Super f**king"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

NINTENDO: NO BIG NEWS FOR SPLATOON ON JUNE 9, COMPLETE BULLOCKS
    "Although we do not normally comment on rumors and speculation, we can confirm that, contrary to the rumors circulating since yesterday, the Japanese weekly magazine in question has not written any article about an announcement related to Splatoon for June 9. With which, it is a baseless rumor."

https://nintendosoup.com/nintendo-no-big-news-for-splatoon-on-june-9-complete-bullocks/

Yes, big Splatoon 2 news really has been teased for June 9 – plus a new clue

https://nintendoeverything.com/yes-big-splatoon-2-news-really-has-been-teased-for-june-9-plus-a-new-clue/

There's been a denial from Nintendo but still an insistence that something will happen on 9th June. Something to do with that symbol? Splatoon related Labo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,522 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Jesus, make up your mind, sligeach. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,188 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Duck season!

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

New carbon , dualie squalchers, brella & rapid blaster on the way

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/1001750699598737408

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Just curious with all those new weapons you post about - do you buy them using real money or something free/earned in game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

They're earned in game by increasing your rank and earning coins. No real money involved.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

They're earned in game by increasing your rank and earning coins. No real money involved.

Cool thanks.

• Advertisement

They're free dlc that do be added to sort of keep the game interesting and give people a reason to keep coming back
    Same with the maps they do add for free from time to time. Splatoon has always been good with free dlc, but the upcomming octo expansion is the first dlc that you will have to fork out for.

"Tomorrow, June 1 at 9 am, a new stage "Wahoo World" will be added.
    It is a topic amusement park as a date spot among the naughty squids.
    In the vicinity of the attraction in the center of the stage, the floor turns, the aisles are connected and broken at regular intervals.
    Weekend, Wahoo together!"

"The amusement park "Wahoo World" near Hikara Square is a popular spot full of attractions such as the classic Ferris wheel and a powerful roller coaster.
    On holiday, family, friends, everyone Wahoo!
    By the way it is only jellyfish who are enjoying attractions, squids seem to be crazy about battle like that."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Picked up Splatoon and Octo pass and have to say, its good fun and a bit of a break from the normal grindy pvp stuff Im used to.

Really enjoying it. Although I need to give it a bit more time.

Seems to be a decent amount of content in it in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Octo expansion is released on Thursday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

AMGer wrote: »
    Octo expansion is released on Thursday!

Great news ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It was also announced at the Splatoon World Championships that the free content that was planned to cease in July, has been extended to keep rolling out until December.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 NintenBow

Is there a competitive scene for splatoon 2 in Ireland?

I really want to play competitively after seeing the championship last night.

I'm not bad but i do make silly mistakes.
    A+ rank on everything bar tower control where i have S rank. Testament to my lack of gameplay time.

I'd like to start playing in leagues for any nintendo game tbh. The community feeling always comes across quite genuine and fun.
    Is there a scene for it in Ireland.

Any Squads?

NintenBow wrote: »
    Is there a competitive scene for splatoon 2 in Ireland?

I really want to play competitively after seeing the championship last night.

I'm not bad but i do make sill mistakes.
    A+ rank on everything bar tower control where i have S rank. Testament to my lack of gameplay time.

I'd like to start playing in leagues for any nintendo game tbh. The community feeling always comes across quite genuine and fun.
    Is there a scene for it in Ireland.

Any Squads?

I too would love to know this! Not A+ or S just yet but working towards it! I adore Splatoon 2!

madmoe wrote: »
    I too would love to know this! Not A+ or S just yet but working towards it! I adore Splatoon 2!

Even to set up a squad online would be cool. Being able to get some team co-op with feedback would be valuable
    I dont actually know another splatoon player in person to set up a pyshical squad

I just got S rank in splat zones. I was on a roll. Then Maintenance hit. I'm raging. Had some serious splat scores.

• Advertisement

NintenBow wrote: »
    Even to set up a squad online would be cool. Being able to get some team co-op with feedback would be valuable
    I dont actually know another splatoon player in person to set up a pyshical squad

Hopefully if the rumour about voice chat without that stupid phone app is true then it will be much easier to create a squad online!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Stupid question but does anyone know if you can turn off the Pearl and Marina piece at the start up? It goes on a bit.................

Octo expansion downloading at home :)

Really need to start finding some people to team with too.

Its even more awkward than teaming up for a destiny raid :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Id also be interested in a league. I'm B rank on most modes. Haven't played in a month or 2 now. Few other games have taken priority. Need to jump back in soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭Nollog

amadablam wrote: »
    Stupid question but does anyone know if you can turn off the Pearl and Marina piece at the start up? It goes on a bit.................

Octo expansion downloading at home :)

Really need to start finding some people to team with too.

Its even more awkward than teaming up for a destiny raid :D:D:D

You can not. Best you can do is leave the game running and you'll only get them once or twice a day rather than every 2 hours.

I wouldnt mind doing the battle league with somebody, i dont think you lose rank in the battle league as its an event and not like proper ranked. im decent ish can snipe, squiff and splattershot.

Really enjoying the dificulty of octo expansion. Glad its not a cake walk!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Really enjoying the dificulty of octo expansion. Glad its not a cake walk!

I liked the story mode on the main game but it was fairly easy - I to am glad to see they’ve increased the difficulty for the expansion

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I downloaded it last night but was too wiped to give it a whirl, I haven't really spent much time with the game since I bought it though, and only played a little too of the single player campaign.
    This seems more substantial, so must dive in.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I downloaded it last night but was too wiped to give it a whirl, I haven't really spent much time with the game since I bought it though, and only played a little too of the single player campaign.
    This seems more substantial, so must dive in.

I'm looking forward to tearing into it tonight ;-)

• Advertisement

Advertisement