Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it too late to plant bulbs?

Options
  • 17-01-2017 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

I got carried away when I saw all the bulbs were half price in Woodies. I figured if even half of them come up, then it wouldn't be so bad. Then bought some more on clearance in Tesco.

What I got - tulip, crocus, mini iris, allium, fritillary.

What would give me the best chance of success? - put them directly in the ground or put them in pots of compost. I want some for my mother's grave and for that I figure pots would work best - get them established first, then put pots on the grave once they are peeping up.
    Tagged:

Comments

Sure your as well chance it now you have them. Better than leaving them to rot in the bags. Pots are handy. The give you some flexibility as to where you want to eventually put them. Some people also dig up tulip bulbs and store them so lots will make that easier.

They might not flower this year as it is so late but should be good next year

Advertisement