Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving from Galway. Need to be Ballsbridge 10am

Options
  • 17-01-2017 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi,

next week I ll have to drive from Galway to Dublin and i have an appointment in Ballsbridge 10am

I was planning to leave Galway 07.30am before traffic starts and get to Palmerstown around 09.30. what s traffic like?

The idea is to take R 148 + R 111 towards the Aviva Stadium and get where I need. any better/ different option?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

Palmerstown to Ballsbridge in 30mins will be tricky at that time of day.

10am is a difficult time to meet. How about getting to Dublin city centre earlier? Have breakfast in town before your meeting.

The train might work too. Some of the Kildare commuter trains go to grand canal docks. You can easily walk to Ballsbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

Oh. I would describe traffic as apocalyptic. Avoid!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turniton

thanks con1982,

ouch that s bad news.

I forgot to mention that unfortunately I also need to be @ Dublin airport at 12 noon.

really don't know what to do.

Would it be better to leave Galway very early, park in Dublin airport, take Bus into town.
    and take the Bus back to airport after meeting?

e.g.

taking the Line 702 from Dubling Apt to Ballsbridge

http://www.aircoach.ie/timetables/route-702-dublin-airport-greystonesbray

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Yintang

I'd be inclined to avoid Palmerstown and come off the M50 at Leopardstown (junction 14), then head towards Ballsbridge via N11. I would leave at 6ish to be honest, then at least you can sit and have a bit of breakfast once you're there. No matter what way you look at it, you're still going to be arriving in Dublin some time between 8-9am, which is peak traffic flow!
    Wouldn't go directly to the airport and then back again, you'd still get stuck in traffic and it'll cost you a fair bit.

If you leave Ballsbridge by 11.15 latest you'll be grand to drive to the airport at that time of day.

Or you could just get the Citylink/Go Bus altogether and leave the car at home!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Galway to ballsbridge, no problem leave early and have a cup of tea. You would want to be hitting west Dublin well before 9 to have any chance, and you are into peak traffic.

How long is your meeting in Ballsbridge? You are talking an hour at least to airport by time you get car parked, walk to wherever your meeting is.

I think you need to space them a little bit more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Take the tunnel after your Ballsbridge appointment, and you'll be in the airport in about 30 minutes, going through town you could be an hour.

hi guys, got 1st appointment moved @ 11. so I am now leaving Galway at 8, arriving in Dublin around 10/10,30 which should make life less complicated

Advertisement