Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The medium term

Options
  • 17-01-2017 5:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭

In a business context, if someone said to you they will have a solution ready in the medium term what sort of time frame would you take this to be? If they said not this month or next, would you consider medium term to be 3 to 6 months?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

What sort of business and what sort of solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Without any other information to me medium term would be 1-5 years. But it does depend on what exactly is being discussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,225 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

jezzer wrote: »
    In a business context, if someone said to you they will have a solution ready in the medium term what sort of time frame would you take this to be? If they said not this month or next, would you consider medium term to be 3 to 6 months?

How long is a piece of string really. In the case above it's going to be as long as it takes to find the solution. You should ask them for a rough estimate, it'll apply some pressure if nothing else.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

Yes I know its a difficult question to answer but say in the context of a year, would medium term be taken as 3-6 months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Medium term is 3-5 years for a well-established company. There is no medium term in a one year space, so just look at the months and pick the middle ones!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

jezzer wrote: »
    Yes I know its a difficult question to answer but say in the context of a year, would medium term be taken as 3-6 months?

I would only expect "medium term" to be 3-6 months if it was something that would comfortably be completed in a year or two for the long term. The more basic the subject the sooner it becomes the medium terms if you're picking the best coffee machine for the office then 3-6 months is way past medium term!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Medium term is 3-5 years for a well-established company. There is no medium term in a one year space, so just look at the months and pick the middle ones!

I'd go with this, for me medium term is pretty much the length of the break clauses/rent reviews in your lease. So 5 years.

Its when you revise the state of the nation and choose your direction etc

Advertisement