Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

keychain errors

Options
  • 17-01-2017 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭

Since my last update on my Mac book air, I keep getting asked for the keychain password..For about 4 or 5 things.

Messages agent wants to use the local items keychain

Callhistoryplugin helper
    Calendar agent
    Cloudd
    And a few others.

iPhone and iPad are fine

Can anyone tell me what's gone wrong or how to fix it?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Go to Finder and click on Go at the top of the screen, then hold down the alt key. You will now see library show up in the drop down menu, click on it and go to keychain folder. Go into the folder and delete any numerical files or folders. Restart the Mac and the issue should be gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Will try that this evening. Tx

That worked tipsy. Thanks a million. Any idea what caused it so I can avoid it again. New to Mac

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

It usually happens when you change the user password but something could have gone wrong with the update.

Cool. Thanks again

• Advertisement
Advertisement