Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emachine d620 Completely DEAD

Options
  • 18-01-2017 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

My Emachine d620 laptop was going great but was away for 3 months and when back it wouldn’t start up, it is connected to mains supply and even took battery out and reconnected charger but no luck, its not doing a thing at all,
    Anyone offer any advice please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

"not doing a thing at all" means no leds come on, no noise (disc/fan) like completely cold dead?
    It that's the case I'd check charger cable/voltage/plugs. Next would be the socket on the laptop, but that requires opening it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Hold down power button for 15 -20 seconds with battery out.
    power supply plugged out.

Wait 5 minutes press power button.
    with power supply plugged in.
    is there a power led on the power supply .
    change the 13amp fuse on the power supply.

if this does not work turn on radiator , leave laptop about 2 ft from the rad .open ,with screen facing up.
    I had the same problem.
    my laptop was dead.
    after 8 months i plugged in a different power supply.
    19v.ampage rating .voltage as per label on laptop.now The Laptop works fine now.

I Have the same problem with my tablet ,android.
    i bought new 5.2 v power supply ,tablet does not charge.at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭LeoHughes

PrzemoF wrote: »
    "not doing a thing at all" means no leds come on, no noise (disc/fan) like completely cold dead?
    It that's the case I'd check charger cable/voltage/plugs. Next would be the socket on the laptop, but that requires opening it.

only light comes on when you plug in charger, thats it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

riclad wrote: »
    if this does not work turn on radiator , leave laptop about 2 ft from the rad .open ,with screen facing up.

WTF are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Its a Last resort ,leave laptop 2ft from rad, turn on radiator for 3 hours .in a small room.
    With screen not facing radiator ,laptop open ,screen up fully.
    PCB electronics are sensitive to heat , if laptop is slightly warm it may start up again, resistors and capacitors can vary slightly when warmed up.
    it worked for me once.
    I had a dead laptop ,after 6 months i plugged in power unit and laptop booted up.
    I Intend to do the same thing with my android tablet ,it does not come on or show power led on.
    or just bring laptop to a pc repair shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭LeoHughes

no luck im afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Quick google got this

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f108/emachine-d620-not-turning-on-552490.html

Hopefully something in there will help and you haven't burned your laptop on the radiator :rolleyes:

Advertisement