Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus stop for Knocknacarra at Eyre Square has moved.

Options
  • 18-01-2017 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭

Was waiting at bus stop 9 for the Knocknacarra bus today, but no joy. I looked up the website City Direct and it says that the new bus stop has moved to the North of Eyre Square, is that near the taxi rank and where the big wheel was in December.

http://citydirect.ie/route-411-change/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Was waiting at bus stop 9 for the Knocknacarra bus today, but no joy. I looked up the website City Direct and it says that the new bus stop has moved to the North of Eyre Square, is that near the taxi rank and where the big wheel was in December.

http://citydirect.ie/route-411-change/

The first stop or two over by the Imperial are the ones they use for other routes so I assume it's there.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The first stop or two over by the Imperial are the ones they use for other routes so I assume it's there.

Yes, and always(*) has been.

What's changed is that the daytime 411 no longer goes via Spanish Arch and Henry St - now they all go via the Cathedral / UHG.

So not stopping at the AIB in Eyre Square any more.

(*) Always since 2009 anyway. Not sure when they started using that stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭what_traffic

What's changed is that the daytime 411 no longer goes via Spanish Arch and Henry St - now they all go via the Cathedral / UHG.

Any idea why this change has occurred Mrs OBumble? Better services to NUIG and UCHG from West KnocknaCarra would seem to be the obvious reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Any idea why this change has occurred Mrs OBumble? Better services to NUIG and UCHG from West KnocknaCarra would seem to be the obvious reason.

City Direct's announcement says it lets them have a 15 minute service from Knockers to NUIG. Don't know if that was the real reason or not - it always seemed daft to me that the 411 had one route before 6pm and another route afterwards.

Advertisement