If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q ACOUSTICS 3010 / 3020

Options
  • 18-01-2017 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi guys,

I'm interested in a pair of Q ACOUSTICS 3010, or 3020. They are to replace a pair of Focal XS Book speakers for a desktop pc setup. 

Their primary use is for Netflix, Apple Music streaming (Jazz, Classical, Rock, Industrial/EBM) and the occasional video game; always in low/moderate volume levels.

I'm not interested in a sub, as the bass coming out of the Focals is more than enough and I expect the QAs to match or exceed that.

The connection from the PC to the QAs will be: Optical out > SMSL SD793-II Dac > SMSL SA-50 Amp > Speakers. Can't go for more expensive dac/amp, so the SMSL combo will have to do for a while.

I have three questions:

1) Q Acoustics vs Focals? Do you think that there'll there be a significant difference in audio quality with the new setup, compared to the Focals?

2) 3020s or 3010s? Will the 3020s sound significantly better over the 3010s, for the usage and volume levels described above?

3) Price. Are €149 & €189, as listed on the website, your best prices with delivery to Dublin? I want them in the walnut finish and would be open to open box / ex-display.

Thank you!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

enosis wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm interested in a pair of Q ACOUSTICS 3010, or 3020. They are to replace a pair of Focal XS Book speakers for a desktop pc setup. 

Their primary use is for Netflix, Apple Music streaming (Jazz, Classical, Rock, Industrial/EBM) and the occasional video game; always in low/moderate volume levels.

I'm not interested in a sub, as the bass coming out of the Focals is more than enough and I expect the QAs to match or exceed that.

The connection from the PC to the QAs will be: Optical out > SMSL SD793-II Dac > SMSL SA-50 Amp > Speakers. Can't go for more expensive dac/amp, so the SMSL combo will have to do for a while.

I have three questions:

1) Q Acoustics vs Focals? Do you think that there'll there be a significant difference in audio quality with the new setup, compared to the Focals?

2) 3020s or 3010s? Will the 3020s sound significantly better over the 3010s, for the usage and volume levels described above?

3) Price. Are €149 & €189, as listed on the website, your best prices with delivery to Dublin? I want them in the walnut finish and would be open to open box / ex-display.

Thank you!
    Hi Enosis.

Thnaks for the post.

I have to say I'm not familiar with the Focal XS speakers. So would not be able to comment on its sound as I have never heard it.

On the other hand the Q Acoustics 3010 and 3020 sound very good for the money.

The 3010 are currently 149.99 Euro - This includes delivery.
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201175-3010-walnut.aspx

The 3020 are priced at 189.99 Euro (Inc Delivery) and have a better base range and response over the 3010's
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201180-3020-walnut.aspx

We have an open box pair of 3010 in walnut (In 100% condition) which I could offer at 134.99 Euro (Inc delivery).

Let me know what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 enosis

Hi guys,

I have three questions:

Thank you!
    Hi Enosis.

Thnaks for the post.

I have to say I'm not familiar with the Focal XS speakers. So would not be able to comment on its sound as I have never heard it.

The 3020 are priced at 189.99 Euro (Inc Delivery) and have a better base range and response over the 3010's

We have an open box pair of 3010 in walnut (In 100% condition) which I could offer at 134.99 Euro (Inc delivery).

Hi Kenny, thanks for the reply. I'll get the open box 3010 pair. I'm sending you a pm with my details.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi guys,

I have three questions:

Thank you!
    Hi Enosis.

Thnaks for the post.

Hi Kenny, thanks for the reply. I'll get the open box 3010 pair. I'm sending you a pm with my details.
    Hey Enosis.

I will give you a call very shortly :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.