Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby getting too big for vista bassinet??

Options
  • 18-01-2017 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Wondering if anybody's has similar experience here. My LO (5 weeks) seems to be already looking a bit big for day time naps in the Uppababy Vista bassinet. She is hitting her hands off the sides and doesn't seem to sleep well in it anymore. She's only 5 weeks though... would have thought I'd get a bit more out of it!!

Anybody else with similar experiences and if so what did you use?

Don't want to start bringing her upstairs to the cosleeper for day time naps (she sleeps in the cosleeper at night) as Read somewhere that it's important to distinguish between day and night

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭scarepanda

We got 6 weeks out of ours. We live in a bungalow though so didn't have to trapes up and down stairs. She went into her cot around the same time because she was also out of the moses basket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Yes, we only got 5 or 6 weeks out of bassinet as well.
    I used the buggy for daytime naps. Out n about nipper goes completely flat, so is safe for those. Plus, it meant I wasn't tied to the house, which was great. :)
    Sling sometimes as well.

Some people use bouncy chairs as well at an older age, but I think a newborn would be a bit small for those possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭scarepanda

To distinguish between day and night I leave the blinds open during the day (the rooms North facing so no direct sunlight to worry about) and at night a low lit side lamp is on (that's to make it easier on us to peep in at her though). She's also in a sleep sack at night, but in day clothes during the day with a blanket over her.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭StarBright01

Thanks a mill for the responses, some people recommend the Graco travel cot for day time naps and they'd grow into it as well by the looks of it.

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/baby/c-808/travel-cots-baby-carriers/p-17302/graco-contour-electra-bowtie-bear-travel-cot/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Our first was a reflux baby so the uppababy bassinet was no use.Our second got a few weeks out of it, but to be honest, she went into the buggy seat (with infant insert) earlier than the first.I couldn't leave her downstairs for naps because no.1 was crashing around the place.

Both of mine slept upstairs in their basket/cot for naps from an early age. Neither have any problems distinguishing night from day.At five weeks I definitely wouldn't worry too much, once bedtime is a distinct time of the day for your baba,.It's at 12/13 weeks that you'll really start to get a pattern and routine going.The baby will probably end up in the cosleeper for naps anyway.....for my second at five weeks I was kind of letting her sleep wherever it suited, but at 8/9 weeks, started putting her in her cot for naps.

That beig said, I was looking at my friends bugaboo bassinet today, and that seems to look even narrower.Not sure what that's about.

• Advertisement
Advertisement