Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

space bar is broken still useable just very unresponsive.

Options
  • 18-01-2017 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

So I go to alot of lans and usually take my blackwidow keyboard with me but its seems to have taken a knock and some keys fell out which were fixable (i just put them back). But my spacebar seems to dip to one side. upon further inspection the plastic clip that holds the space bar down on the left has snapped. there is a wire that holds 2 loops one of the loops is broken. Is there anywhere I could possibly source a replacement its just a little bit of plastic ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭cml387

I was going to say just get a new keyboard but then I saw the price for a new gaming keyboard:eek:

You might be lucky on Ali Baba?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Enflame66

The keyboard is perfectly fine other then the space bar is a bit wonky but its driving me nuts all i need is a tiny piece of plastic. even somethingsimilar i could use or take would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,387 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

lans?

Local area network partys I go to a few usually bring the keyboard with me.
    What i am after http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/keyboard-parts/cherry-mx-keycap-stabilizer-insert-2pcs.html#ad-image-0 but the shipping is immense for something that doesnt even cost a euro. Is there anyplace i get this done.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,387 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Enflame66 wrote: »
    Local area network partys I go to a few usually bring the keyboard with me.

gaming thing?

• Advertisement

yes but kinda want to stay on topic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

lawred2 wrote: »
    lans?

Imagine before people played against each other from the comfort of their own home, they had to bring their PCs to one place and hook them all up together. A LAN.

Local Area Network party. ;)

Sorry to hear OP. Is it possible that anywhere near you would have a 3D printer (library or college).

yes but kinda want to stay on topic
    That's us told:rolleyes:

In our place keyboards are a throwaway item, and you can get a perfectly adequate one for 20 euro.

Therefore getting parts is going to be tricky unless you go to the manufacturer.

That's the reason I mention Ali Baba becasue it's a Chinese site and your keyboard was almost certainly made there.

What exactly makes a keyboard worth 120 euro is something of a mystery to me but there you are.

cml387 wrote: »
    That's us told:rolleyes:

In our place keyboards are a throwaway item, and you can get a perfectly adequate one for 20 euro.

Therefore getting parts is going to be tricky unless you go to the manufacturer.

That's the reason I mention Ali Baba becasue it's a Chinese site and your keyboard was almost certainly made there.

What exactly makes a keyboard worth 120 euro is something of a mystery to me but there you are.

Pop over to https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/

It's like a religion! :pac:

mechanical keybaords are pretty hard to find these days and have alot more moving parts. Also the caps are harder to hot on a membrane which is the cheap crappy ones most people have i am wondering could. And a 3d printer would be the thing but I have no access to one and no idea of how to use one.

• Advertisement

me_irl wrote: »
    Pop over to https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/

It's like a religion! :pac:

And don't get me started on "gaming mice":P

mechanical keybaords are pretty hard to find these days and have alot more moving parts. Also the caps are harder to hot on a membrane which is the cheap crappy ones most people have i am wondering could. And a 3d printer would be the thing but I have no access to one and no idea of how to use one.

Found this thread... a little dated and haven't proofed the links, but hopefully it helps.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=67547.0

hmmm seems to be a uk company that will just post me the part i need it will cost 3 quid lol. This is a very simple thing to fix its just the damn part is pretty hard to find. But thanks guys you have no idea how annoying this was making typing.

hmmm seems to be a uk company that will just post me the part i need it will cost 3 quid lol. This is a very simple thing to fix its just the damn part is pretty hard to find. But thanks guys you have no idea how annoying this was making typing.

From the last link on the thread I posted.

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_30076.html

Aren't they the yokes you're looking for? Not sure what they charge for delivery though.

You can always keybind space to another...um... key.

its not that my space bar isnt working its just pressing the right of it makes it tip like the titanic if i hit the left its fine as it cant tip.

its not that my space bar isnt working its just pressing the right of it makes it tip like the titanic if i hit the left its fine as it cant tip.

I think I should have elaborated.

You posted an image of the stabilizers above.
    I linked (twice) sites that you can get them.

It says in the title that you can use your spacebar, but it's annoying.
    I suggested rebinding it to another key as a temporary fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Theres programs u can download to remap any key to another ,say space bar is now alt gr key,or cntl key,
    IF you have a 4 button mouse with middle key you could set middle key press = spacebar and its easy to use .
    after a few days you won,t even have to think about it.

Advertisement