Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need help with setting up diet

• 18-01-2017 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,676 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

https://www.eatthismuch.com/

Have a play around and see how it floats your boat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

1kg/week seems a bit high and aggressive, especially given that you currently weigh 75kg, did you mean 1 pound?

Anyway, if you have 1500cals to use a day, it's really up to you how you make them up but obviously bear in mind eating takeaways and other junk food will use up a large amount of those cals while leaving you looking for more. To get the best value for the calories you have to use, eat a few eggs, oats, loads of veg, good cuts of chicken, meat, fish from the butcher, rice, sweet potato/potato, as much greens like spinach, kale etc as you want. Log everything in myfitness pal and once you're at (or just slightly below)1500cals a day then you will lose weight.
    Wouldn't bother wasting money on WW or any of that, just follow the above is all you have to do tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

RHJ wrote: »
    Thanks just tried putting together a shopping list using it's grocery list to total came to over €60 I'll play around with the settings to see if I can get the price down.

Have you much experience with the service?

Nope but I've seen people suggest it for situations like this.

You could also play around with MyFitnessPal and get a handle on what's in what you eat. Keep it simple. Look at what you currently eat and amend as needed.

• Advertisement

once you start to get your head around getting your nutrition ri9ght most of the time, you'll find it easier to put together your own stuff.

Meat and veg is a good start. Play around with herbs and spices with meat and try roasting different veg, for example.

Making batches also makes it easier. Stews, casseroles, chilli etc are all great this time of year.

Stir-fries are quick and easy to rattle off yourself.

The main point is summed up by "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"

Getting a list of meals to have means you know you can have those meals but it limits your choices to those meals.

Getting a handle on the nutrition side of things means you've a wide range of choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 psychoniamh

Hi there, I wish you well on your decision to lose 10kg.

Losing weight is not about restricting yourself or feeling hungry all the time. There are so many nutritious foods out there to give you all the nutrients you need and lose weight.

For breakfast I recommend porridge. I would make this by getting a porridge tub that comes with a scooper. 2 scoops of porridge with 2 scoops liquid (I use either low fat milk or almond milk). Porridge can be jazzed up and made interesting, you could add some of the following, vary it depending on your likes: teaspoon of honey, tablespoon of cacao powder to make it like a chocolate porridge, chia seeds, a small amount of raisins, any fresh berries, a teaspoon of peanut butter, banana, cinnamon etc. If you are in a rush in the mornings I strongly advise preparing your porridge the night before and store in a jar or lunchbox in the fridge and have as overnight oats the next mornings.

I would encourage eliminating any white bread/pasta/rice from your diet and instead substituting with the wholegrain version.
    Simple lunch ideas could include a wholemeal pitta with a tuna, sweetcorn, spinach and a spread of light mayo. Or homemade vegetable soup (plenty of recipes online!).

Dinners could include 1 portion of brown rice (be sure to measure this - Tiger do some great measuring equipment) with stir frr, chicken breast or turkey, fish such as salmon with sweet potatoes, spinach, peppers. Basically try have as much veg with your dinner and as the poster above said, use herbs and spices to really flavour your meals. It will make all the difference.

Look up the Happy Pear 5 minute meals series on Youtube - some great, easy dinner options.

It is fantastic that you have started couch to 5km. You'll be astonished at how quickly your fitness will build up. Try stick to the 3 sessions a week.

Hope this was of some use to you :)

Advertisement