Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you love to eat right now?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Lads I want chips . A large bag, dripping in vinegar, salt and sriracha .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭BetsyEllen

My favorite snack - garlic rosemary mushrooms. Easy to cook, healthy and quick:
    Ingredients
    1 pound whole white mushrooms
    3 tablespoons butter
    2 teaspoons minced garlic
    ¼ teaspoon salt and black pepper
    2 teaspoons chopped fresh herbs like rosemary, parsley and thyme OR 1 teaspoon dried herbs (you could use dried Italian seasoning for this)
    Instructions on how to cook
    Melt butter in a medium-large skillet. Add garlic and stir.
    Add mushrooms and stir over medium heat for 10-12 minutes until tender.
    Sprinkle with the herbs (if using dried make sure you stir a bit to get them mixed into the buttery sauce) and serve hot.

Served on top of a hot, toasted slice of the garlic and rosemary loaf from Tesco bakery. Maybe add a drop of cream to the mushrooms... I think I'll make this tonight July_happygirl! Yum.
    (My version is not so healthy!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Driptray

Id love nothing more than a pack of what i can remember them been called as "Snow Cakes" they came in 1 packet but were sliced into 6 pieces They were Sponge/ Maderia bottoms with a Pink Layer of Fondue/Fondant on top . And for the love of me Cant get them anywere .

Anyone out there Know where a person could get them these days . Used to get them in Tasty Bread in Cabra and in a few places in Town . But nobody seems to about them at all ..

Im on a Mission :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Paulieniceguy

dee_mc wrote: »
    I'd love a burger just like one I had on a trip to New York years ago, at a Jewish deli/restaurant near Columbus Circle. The name escapes me but is irrelevant anyway as the place has long since closed down (there was an air of mystery around the closure at the time!) but the burger was amazing: a big, juicy beef burger cooked medium, with pastrami, one or two other meat elements including some kind of bacon, Swiss cheese, pickles, great sauce, in a fab brioche style bun, all served with chili fries of some kind - I was incredibly hungover the day I had it, as were my two companions who watched in horror as I demolished the lot. Not one hangover symptom after eating it either - the best cure ever!
    Yeah my mouth is watering now just thinking of it about 5 years later :(

My mouth is watering reading this...sounds amazing 😋

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Paulieniceguy

rubadub wrote: »
    Burdock's chips from Christchurch as they were ~25 years ago, with free crispy bits (think they started charging at one stage and might be done away with them now). Used to be able to get a nice cold pint of cold milk with them too -at the price a pint of branded milk would have been in a supermarket.

You could unwrap and put your own salt & vinegar on too, not sure if you can still at least do that.

My favourite place ever for chips..can taste them now.my mouth is watering 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Right now? A simple repast of rashers and egg.. which I am about to lever myself out of bed to make...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

A lovely coffee and proper warm croissant, straight from the boulangerie in France.
    Followed up by lots of french bread and cheese.
    Nothing here comes close.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Two slices of batch bread with real butter
    A bag of chipper chips with lotsa salt and vinegar
    A slice of blueberry cheescake

Fecking Slimming World :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 hungrydublinco

I am thinking of a Smoked salmon with avocado with a natural yoghurt on the side. I had something similar in the Cafe Java, but would most likely make this dish at home, as it is so easy to make.

Hungry in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭Corvo

rLgceH

Gennaro Contaldo does this beautifully simple dish - sea bream in crazy water. Like all Italian dishes, it's easily done and relies on great ingredients.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/member-recipes/recipe-detail/4393/

Heres the recipe if you want to check it out. I'd like to dig into that, with a nice glass of wine and crusty bread for the wonderful emulsified sauce left over. Perhaps with some nice calming music on.

Oh yes...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

A Schinkengipfli (croissant with a filling of finely-diced bacon) & a double espresso.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Just had my lunch (leftover egg fried noodles - btw, does anyone know of a way to keep and warm up rice noodles that doesn't make them stick together in a solid slab?) and I'd really like some lemon drizzle cake RIGHT NOW. Knowing I've got some at home but can't have it right now is annoying...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Shenshen wrote: »
    does anyone know of a way to keep and warm up rice noodles that doesn't make them stick together in a solid slab?)

I refry them, and tease them out with wooden chopsticks while doing that. They become a solid slab in the fridge, but as they warm up a few wiggles with the chopsticks usually separates them out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Sesame prawn toasts.... the frozen, crap, so-bad-for-you-it's-not-funny ones that go in the oven - I've just read a recipe for them and have SUCH a craving for them now :o

Anyone know where I'd find them???

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Anyone know where I'd find them???

never had these but noticed them a while ago
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=293458344

Thoie wrote: »
    I refry them, and tease them out with wooden chopsticks while doing that. They become a solid slab in the fridge, but as they warm up a few wiggles with the chopsticks usually separates them out again.

Thanks! Unfortunately, not an option when at work, as we only have the microwave. :(

rubadub wrote: »
    never had these but noticed them a while ago
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=293458344
    They look far too classy!

I'm talking the cheap'n'nasty frozen triangular greasefest ones :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

mr-wing.jpg

Bag of 60 like these is about 16 bills in Musgrave

Even cheaper and greasier ones in the Asia market on Drury Street

mr-wing.jpg

Bag of 60 like these is about 16 bills in Musgrave

They're the ones!!! Now I want them even more!!!

But I don't want 60 (or I'd just eat them all), and don't have access to a Musgraves :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I have seen them in a few asian shops, last being one in stillorgan near the blood bank. The tesco ones were surprisingly high in prawn.
    Shenshen wrote: »
    Thanks! Unfortunately, not an option when at work, as we only have the microwave. :(
    I find it far better to reheat on low power, almost everybody just uses microwaves on full power which often destroys the food. After heating a while you could do the same trick and loosen them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I'd really like a big plate of my late grandmother's (or Nanny as we used to call her) brown stew. It was my favourite meal as a child. I didn't like vegetables at all but she used to cut them really fine so I wouldn't notice. She used sirloin steak when making it for me instead of standard diced stewing beef or round beef... How spoiled was I!! :D:D

I never knew the exact recipe or what herbs/spices she used. I've made many stews myself in the last few years but none come even close!

Aldi's Tangy Cheese Pasta Salad.

No hope for a week yet!

Next time will buy two pots...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,595 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I've a craving for lamb thanks to After Hours!

I'd really like a big plate of my late grandmother's (or Nanny as we used to call her) brown stew. It was my favourite meal as a child. I didn't like vegetables at all but she used to cut them really fine so I wouldn't notice. She used sirloin steak when making it for me instead of standard diced stewing beef or round beef... How spoiled was I!! :D:D

I never knew the exact recipe or what herbs/spices she used. I've made many stews myself in the last few years but none come even close!

I am the same with my mother's flaked barley pudding. Just cannot get it the same. She must have used eg Carnation or maybe stery.ie what we call UHT milk only full cream .

Flaked barley is totally unlike pearl barley

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Mixed kebab tray from Macaris
    Donor meat, chicken breast, chips, chilli and garlic sauce
    Yes please thank you

Lángos, haven't had it in years.

I'm visiting family in Munich in May, maybe I'll get lucky and they'll sell it at the Viktualienmarkt.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

A cheese and onion pie would be the job.

Why you can't get them outside Cork is a total mystery. (for those not in the know, it's cheese and onions mashed into a ball with mashed potato, wrapped in batter, then deep fried, served with chips and plenty of S&V)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I'd love a dirty chipper now!

Must...Fight... Temptation!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I'd love a rare steak, garlic mushrooms, pepper sauce and some thick-cut chips.

Going to be a long time before I have that but I absolutely look forward to the day that I can have it. I cannot wait.

Advertisement