Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you love to eat right now?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 AnjaD13

Chicken soup and potato pie.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I'd kill for some banoffie pie - RIGHT NOW.

I know I can get some somewhere later, but I also know that later I won't feel like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I think ice cream... Not sure! Maybe instant whip will do.. No ice cream in anyways. Instant whip it will be.... Butterscotch is all I have in ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sorchaniri

Shenshen wrote: »
    Lángos, haven't had it in years.

I'm visiting family in Munich in May, maybe I'll get lucky and they'll sell it at the Viktualienmarkt.

I haven't seen them at Vicki but if you're in town at the right time, they usually have them at the Auer Dult. The dates for the Maidult are: 29.04. - 07.05.2017

I <3 Lángos!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Ok, now I want butterscotch angel delight. Must remember to pick some up the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Shellfish. Really hankering for some scallops, prawns and the like. In lots of butter.

Luckily my traditional Paddy's day shellfish binge is coming up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I've a craving for a hot dog, smothered in just ketchup and a can of coke.
    Make that a few hotdogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Was in out local Indian takeaway a few evenings ago picking up a curry for a lazy dinner. While we were there we witnessed then making a vegetarian kebab and a doner kebab.

Real naan bread in a large tray, topped with piles of veg, the doner had slabs of meat, the veggie had onion bajees in place of meat. Smothered in sauces. Then closed over when he forced the box closed. They were huge and looked amazing. We don't get takeaway often but I'm dying to try one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Calamari. A bucket load.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Chocolate. Serious chocolate.

Thought I had more in.

So now a decision.

Either I open the complete tub of Heroes that was bought in the crazy price war before Christmas OR I desecrate the Easter Egg hoard, which goes totally against all my principles ;)

First will search the house and the car.. Must be a bar or three lurking somewhere... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Seriously craving some asparagus now. Fried lightly in butter with a bit of garlic.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

A 12" dominos with ham pineapple pepperoni and peppers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

• Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭Corvo

Pancakes, smokey bacon and maple syrup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

A nice deep bowl of Biche de pescado with a fresh salad on the side and an ice cold glass of pineapple juice on the terrace of a restaurant on the seafront in a small surfing/fishing village in Manabi Ecuador.

I crave it every few months and end up making a massive pot... Maybe tomorrow...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

one of the leonidas Manon Café sweets.
    Would hit the post dinner craving for sugar perfectly.

Griesbrei - with cherries.

500_F_21094486_kSJbdg2aU4WkfQm9nGTKWP6cVFleeeXE.jpg

I've no idea why, I haven't had this since I was little. Babyfood, really. But right now, I'd love a hot, steaming, creamy bowl full.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

It's real comfort food. I prefer it with raspberries, though. Quick and easy too!

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Yes!!! I get cravings for Grießbrei and Milchreis from time to time to. Usually have to indulge when I'm on my own though as my OH declared me insane when I said we eat this as our main meal (and not just for dessert) back home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Oh and it has to be eaten with sugar and cinnamon on top!

Space Dog wrote: »
    Oh and it has to be eaten with sugar and cinnamon on top!

We'll have to agree to disagree there :D
    Sugar and cinnamon only go onto Kartäuserklöße.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

+1 for sugar and cinnamon on rice pudding!

I'd like a custard slice. A proper one. Not one of those mockeya custard slices that have cream in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

A triple chocolate muffin from the bakery section in Tesco. At 580 calories its a very rare treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

A cream donought with loadsa jam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Deep friend baby squid that I used to get in Lanzarote.

Advertisement